December 2012 Moms

Ugh... Gifts for DH's family party... help! NBR

edited December 2013 in December 2012 Moms
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Ugh... Gifts for DH's family party... help! NBR

• How much are you supposed to spend per gift?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's what I just bought for my DH's family gift exchange  :D

image  image

image image image
  • It will be hard to find a gift that also works for a one year old, but I think board games are good for this type of thing, candles, scratch off lottery tickets were always popular a work gift exchanges, throw blankets, little wooden puzzle type things (I see them and tj max this time of year), coffee mug with Starbucks or DD gift card, movie (maybe a cheap Christmas one) and a bag of popcorn.

• Are you trying to be funny/stupid or nice?  My friend's family does that, and I remember as a kid, the gifts never really worked for her.  Like, one year, she got an oversized pair of obnoxious Christmas boxers... If she was adult sized, she could have worn them for PJs, but since she wasn't, it was sort of a waste.  I think she gave them to her older brother or something.  I like those type of gifts in the moment, but at the end of the day, I always end up thinking, "What can I do with this?"  If you want it to be useful/nice though, I think that you're somewhat limited to a giftcard (Target maybe? - Diapers for the very young or very old, something in between for everyone else). 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• You can buy the Charlie Brown Christmas DVD for $10 on Amazon. I think that would be a cute gift for all ages. You could also get the Rudolph or Frosty Christmas classics as well. If just a gift card is considered acceptable I generally buy Target. I'm not a huge fan of funny/gag gifts.

• Frame a picture of your family :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • How in the world do you find a gift that could be appropriate for both a 1 yo or an 80 yo (and everything in between)?? Teddy bears for everyone? ;) Actually the movie route is probably where I'd go too....

PPs have great suggestions. I have nothing original to add but wanted to wish you luck.:)
  • LittleFish1LittleFish1 member
    edited December 2013
    You could end the tradition REALLY fast - they did say naughty! Give questionable items that go in non nose orafices, Costco size box of condoms & Tucks pads

Edited to make more sense, and add that my DH completly agrees with giving adult oriented toys and putting into enticing wrapping (i.e. box that indicates something people would fight over & triple wrap those suckers.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A VIBRATOR! .... Sorry. Got out of hand.

What about a pack of socks? A blanket?
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • oh, DH jist came up with an even better idea ... feminine hygenie products... tampons, douches & an air freshener.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"