Single Parents
Options

Anyone else have a bipolar/verbally abusive ex?

My husband moved out almost 3 months ago. We'd been together almost 11 years, married almost 6. We have three kids. He's never been very involved with the kids and always talked mean to them (except when trying to convince me that he'd change). We've split up a couple times before, almost divorced, and had police involved in our business.When our third child was a couple months old he decided he wasn't meant to be a father and left. He'd still pop in every couple weekends and stay overnight(without asking me but we live the house he pays for). He'd talk horrible to me and the kids. My kids think he doesn't like them and they have nightmares/are clingy for days after he visits and get upset easy. Now he thinks he should get to spend every holiday with us liek we're a family and blows up if it doesn't go his way. Now he 's once again claiming that he's not going to support us or come by anymore because I take advantage of him and blah blah blah. I'm just wondering if anyone else deals with an ex like this and letting their kids see the person?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else have a bipolar/verbally abusive ex?

• Options
    My ex is just a manipulative sociopath.  I guess he could be borderline bipolar.

You, my dear, need to see an attorney to find out what your rights are.  Just because he pays for the house does not give him the right to swing by whenever he wants to be mean to you and your kids and confuse them by spending the night once in a while.  It almost appears he's out doing what he wants to do with whomever and he's just coming around to see what you're doing.  Sounds like you can document a trail of abuse with the police involvement.  My opinion is that you should kick him to the curb once and for all, divorce him and force him to support his children.  He obviously doesn't want to be a father or a husband.  You can and will do better.  You and your kids DESERVE BETTER than to be around this abusive controlling man.  You can do it!
  • Options
    tig594 said:
    My ex is just a manipulative sociopath.  I guess he could be borderline bipolar.

You, my dear, need to see an attorney to find out what your rights are.  Just because he pays for the house does not give him the right to swing by whenever he wants to be mean to you and your kids and confuse them by spending the night once in a while.  It almost appears he's out doing what he wants to do with whomever and he's just coming around to see what you're doing.  Sounds like you can document a trail of abuse with the police involvement.  My opinion is that you should kick him to the curb once and for all, divorce him and force him to support his children.  He obviously doesn't want to be a father or a husband.  You can and will do better.  You and your kids DESERVE BETTER than to be around this abusive controlling man.  You can do it!
    This, 100%.

You can and will do better.  You and your kids DESERVE BETTER than to be around this abusive controlling man.  You can do it!

Also, I wanted to really get this part to stand out.  DO NOT think for ONE MINUTE that this is ok.  This guy needs to go seek some kind of therapy and people like that don't just go out and find a therapist.  They don't believe there is anything wrong with them or their behavior but from reading your post, he clearly has issues that need to be resolved.  The first step is to change the locks and do what it takes to keep him from entering the house.  Get copies of the police reports and get an attorney, tell them about the abuse, show them the reports and see what you can do from there.  Especially if your children are AFRAID of him.  Don't let him have the upperhand.  You gotta let your kids know that you are going to do what it takes to protect them.

Good luck, much love.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im not even going to get into my bds ptsd issues. But like pps said.

YOU AND YOUR kids deserve better. Abuse of ANY kind is not okay. Talk to a lawyer they can help direct you and figure out what is best for you and your children.

Also you can say no, you need to take control. Do NOT let him confuse your children. Welcome to the board feel free to hang around and participate
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"