Parenting
Options

Please help me with our Disney Trip!!!

We are surprising the kids for Christmas with a trip to Disney (mid January). I have only been once, a looooong time ago and have no idea about what things we "must see". A friend of ours is going around the same time and has a whole itinerary! I just planned to get there and wing it!!! Help a girl out! What parks/sights should we go to? What to avoid or skip? Is animal kingdom part of Magic Kingdom? Should we go to Sea World? The kids will be 3, 5 and SS will be 11
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Please help me with our Disney Trip!!!

• Options
    If you plan on attending any type of character meals book your reservation now.  Animal Kingdom is it's own separate park.  You will need your own transportation to get to Sea World if you choose to go, so if you are staying on property the Disney transportation does not transport you to Sea World.  Magic Kingdom is a must see.
  • Options
    Animal Kingdom is awesome. I'd skip Sea World. Magic Kingdom is classic. You can drink around the world at Epcot. If you are budgeting and want kid-friendly non-Disney things to do, check out Wonder Works and Green Meadows Petting Farm (my absolute favorite Orlando attraction)

Mid-jan is a great time to go, but it will probably be a little chilly. You could try DisneyQuest, but I don't know if your 3 year old would like it, it's nice to have indoor fun too.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took DS1 for his 3rd birthday and we definitely learned a few things. We are going next year and we've already decided that we'd go to whatever park we choose right at opening and stay until we were ready for lunch. At lunchtime, we would eat and then got back to the hotel and rest (we are staying at Shades of Green like we did last time so it's easy to do that). After rest and a nap for our youngest, then we'll go back to the park. Last time we tried to push through every day and by 5/6 pm, we were all so tired that we would go back and crash. We missed fireworks and anything after 6:30. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We took DS1 for his 3rd birthday and we definitely learned a few things. We are going next year and we've already decided that we'd go to whatever park we choose right at opening and stay until we were ready for lunch. At lunchtime, we would eat and then got back to the hotel and rest (we are staying at Shades of Green like we did last time so it's easy to do that). After rest and a nap for our youngest, then we'll go back to the park. Last time we tried to push through every day and by 5/6 pm, we were all so tired that we would go back and crash. We missed fireworks and anything after 6:30. 
    Sound advice here.

DD was 2.5 when we went and the best things we did:
    - Stay on property, as close as possible (it was worth the $$) for a shorter trip like we did
    - Screw sit down dining with reservations - we did the quick service places. So much less stressful with a toddler.
    - Get there when it opens. We did MK each morning right at 8:00 so DD got to ride the "important ones" before the crowd got there.
    - If it rains, GO ANYWAY. It poured one day and we had MK to ourselves (you know, relatively speaking), and this was during a peak week.
    - She loved: tea cups, small world, ariel's whatever, and peter pan.
    - We were 'meh' on AK, but it was so so crowded by the time we got there.
    - FAST PASSES

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You've gotten good advice already. :-) Just be aware that there are some refurbishments most likely going on while you're there. Splash Mountain is closing at the beginning of January for a couple months. And at Hollywood Studios the Backlot Tour is closing for refurb in January too.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Take your time in the parks and don't rush it.  Like PP said, do plan to do a few major things but relax and enjoy it.

The WalMarts and Targets nearby have a ton of souvenirs.  While you're there, buy cheap=o ponchos and take them with you.  If it rains people tend to freak out and stop riding but rides are largely operational and lines get shorter. 

Visit guest services inside the park and they'll give you free "1st visit" buttons, which kids love to wear.  and it's free.

Take powerbars and sandwiches to save a little money on the food.

Take a stroller, preferably a sit and stand type or double for the two youngest.  5 might be old for the stroller everyday but they will both be tired before the oldest gets tired.

Lastly, definitely do the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.  So. Much.Fun. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    We just got back a week ago.  Don't wing it.  Sign up for "My Disney Experience" so that, you can get your Magic Bands.  These enable you to get Fast Passes for up to three rides a day so, you don't have to wait in lines.

There are four parks:  Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom is a half day park.  We like to go to breakfast at Tusker House, there inside the park, before the park opens and hit the safari ride right as the park is opening.

Disney Hollywood Studios is fun.  You'll absolutely want to get a Fast Pass for the Toy Story ride there because they can easily be gone for the day by 9:30 or 10 am.  It one of the best rides of the four parks.

You'll want to spend at least a full day at Magic Kingdom and a full day at Epcot.  Be sure to get Fast Passes for Soarin for anyone who is above 40 " tall in your party.  It's really neat!   You can utilize Rider Swap with this ride where one parent can stay with the younger kids while a group goes on the ride then, they can switch.  Just tell them in the line that you want a rider swap pass.

A site that I got a lot of good information is disdiscussion.com .   It can be overwhelming so, do plan but, you don't have to do it commando.  You won't get it all in on your first visit even if you go from opening to closing every day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"