LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In

Good morning everyone! How is everything going in your TTC journey? How are you doing?

QOTD: Do you make New Years resolutions? If so, share them with us if you desire.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• healz413healz413 member
    edited December 2013
    All the check-in starters are up and at 'em early this morning. All three check-ins have been started. I'm impressed.

I'm also grateful to you @StacyLH24 for taking on starting the TTC check-in regularly. With @ball.and.chain and @kh826 over in the pregnancy world, it's nice to have someone new(er) regularly starting these. I certainly haven't been up for it, especially since our cycle got cancelled.

Anyway, no new news here other than that M started birth control pills last week because she started her period. We're still waiting for me to start mine. If I don't start it by the 27th (cycle day 35), I will start provera.

QOTD: I sometimes do. I haven't thought at all about them this year. I'm just eager for 2013 to be done and for January to come.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am day 6piui.  We are officially in the TWW.  We are excited and cautious to find out if we are pregnant this month.  Our RE told us we could test on the 24th, awesome Christmas Eve!  So we will be super excited or emotional for Christmas, awesome!  I think we might test a few days early, so we have more time to prepare ourselves either way.

QOTD:  I try to make New Years Resolutions, but it doesn't always work out.  I just do my best to be a better person each day and the New Year is the time to re-evaluate things and improve on yourself.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • We had our iui on Friday (3dpiui). I am really hopeful for this one as things seemed great with our us. Dr said we could test on Dec 29th (but the same as trisholio, I will probably test earlier than that LOL)

QOTD: Do you mke New Years resolutions? I don't always make resolutions, just re-evaluate the past year and how I could be a better person and then begin working on that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• No real news here, either... I've been off the HRT for about a week or so now, and although I thankfully have not started bleeding all over the place, I find I am dreadfully tired. Not sure if this is related to stopping the pills or if it might be SAD. Keeping an eye on my mood, just in case.

As far as new year's resolutions, I don't usually make them... but I guess if I were to make one for 2014, it would be to get pregnant!

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• FX for those who are in the 2WW!

I'm on CD 5 but benched for this cycle.  No money + no time = no IUI in December.  I get an influx of cash again in January when my health savings account is replenished so I'll have a bit more wiggle room at that point. 

I'll plan my HSG in conjunction with my next IUI.  Hoping for a dry January so I don't have to worry about battling the weather on my 3 hour round trip.  It truly sucks to not have an RE nearby.  The doctors even told me that a lot of out-of-towners make the trek to their office since these services aren't provided at our hometowns.

I wish I could keep TTC right now but it's just not in the cards.  I'm very much hoping with a new donor and an HSG I'll be able to get KU in January.  So sick of trying cycle after cycle.  Bleh.

• @healz413 - I'm glad to do it!

@shelly2314 & @ trisholio - I hope this is it for both of you! Positive thoughts being sent your way.

I am just waiting for my period. My new meds will be arriving on Wednesday. Our new vials should be delivered to the office today. That is all for me.

QOTD: I don't generally make Mew Year resolutions. My hope is that we have a baby by this time next year.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Nothing exciting going on over here. My cycle decided to continue past my longest streak and currently I am on cycle day 44. I have an acupuncture appointment today, so we shall see what she thinks. I have been exercising daily for 90 minutes in addition to drastically (almost entirely) cutting sugar and carbs. I have also been drinking my herbs, but alas, no change in my temp or cycle at this point. I am certainly glad we had already planned on skipping this month because that would have been a mess!

I have lost 3lbs this past week, so I am pretty happy with that.

Qotw: I usually make a resolution, but only a resolution I am really ready to make. I go strong, but usually don't keep it :-)

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Nothing too exciting happening on our end. C did the first round of blood tests and they came back great! Now just waiting for CD one and then the 2nd round of blood work...then we are back on track!

QOTW: I ALWAYS make resolutions and I NEVER keep them. We'll see what happens this year!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• I am 11dpo and what appeared quite clearly to be implantation spotting yesterday turned into what I'm 99% sure is AF today. not sure if it did implant and didn't stick, or what. bummer all around though.

as for my New Years resolution, i think it might be to start eating cleaner and to start doing yoga.
    Me: 32  DW: 26 - married in october 2013!
    TTC baby #1 at-home AIs with frozen donor sperm through cryobank, no meds

#1 early december 2013: 1 vial ICI/IVI at 8 hours past +OPK, likely a chemical loss at 9dpo
    #2 late december 2013: 1 vial IUI, timing was way off, BFN
    #3 took a month off and trying again mid-february... would love TWW buddies!
  • @wedinpitt - Sorry to hear its a BFN. They always suck no matter what and no matter what number try it is.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• I'm 11DPO. I tested early- day 9 and 10 and got two BFNs. Although I had nearly convinced myself I had a mega squinter on day 9 (nope). Boobs are killing me. Temp is above cover line but starting to dip a bit. And I was cramping today and yesterday so I'm sure AF is probably on the way. If temp is above cover line tomorrow I will test one more time. If it's neg I will just wait for good old AF. Resolution: first baby of course! I've list quite a bit of weight over the last few years so I'd like to maintain/ lose about fifteen more up until pregnancy and then maintain the healthy lifestyle during pregnancy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @StacyLH24... thank you. really. it was way harder to handle than I expected. I ended up with a 22 day cycle (!!!) and a period that came 5 days early. :(( hopefully will try again next cycle, which is right around Xmas. love and light to all here!!!!
    Me: 32  DW: 26 - married in october 2013!
    TTC baby #1 at-home AIs with frozen donor sperm through cryobank, no meds

#1 early december 2013: 1 vial ICI/IVI at 8 hours past +OPK, likely a chemical loss at 9dpo
    #2 late december 2013: 1 vial IUI, timing was way off, BFN
    #3 took a month off and trying again mid-february... would love TWW buddies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"