High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD: sugar spikes in the noon, but normal fasting and bed time levels.

13th week pregnant.was diagnosed with GD around 10th week and on insulin twice a day (15 units each time).
Controlling the diet and doing little exercise (walking about 20-30 mts max on treadmill with very low-speed setting ~1.8 miles/hour)

my sugar levels are normal (87-90 in the fasting and less than 120 in the evenings ( 2 hours after dinner ). but for some reason I see lots of spikes during afternoon. my levels are not normal  2 hours after lunch. I see reading like 160/170 etc,

do i need to worry? I am seeing MFM and endo today, any specific questions that I should ask?

Re: GD: sugar spikes in the noon, but normal fasting and bed time levels.

• Options
    Are you more hungry during the day? What are you eating? That is too high,
    you may need extra insulin to cover lunch.
  • Options
    What are you eating for lunch?  Snacks?  How spaced out or your snacks/lunch.  If you are going too long in between your breakfast/am snack, and lunch and pm snacks you could see a spike even if you're eating within your parameters.  Oh, you may just need a higher dose before breakfast to last through the afternoon.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You didn't mention what your after breakfast numbers are, but it's very common to have spikey sugars in the morning. I barely eat any carbs for breakfast and I just manage to stay under my target level. As far as lunch numbers, I would try altering what you eat: get rid of fruit and try only whole grains to see if you can get your numbers to come back down. Good luck! I know it can be frustrating!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"