February 2012 Moms

brushing teeth

anyone else's LO giving them a hard time with brushing their teeth?  DS wants to just do it himself & goes crazy when I brush his teeth.  any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: brushing teeth

• I am watching this post...brushing teeth is a battle. We try everything and each thing will work for 2 or 3 days. He likes to do and all he does is move is arm around and the toothbrush stays in the same place. I think I may try an electric toothbrush...it is on his christmas list :)

• We take turns with Addy.  It isn't always easy to get her to cooperate.  I made up a quick little song that she likes about brushing teeth and she seems to do better when I sing that:

Brush, Brush, Brush Your Teeth
    Brush Them Everyday
    If You Brush Them Everyday
    You'll Keep The Cavities Away

(sung to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat)

If we can get her to say "AAAAAHHH" and quick get the toothbrush in, we can usually do a little bit at a time.  She will bite down a lot when we do it.  It definitely helps that she gets a turn too (even though she usually just bites on the toothbrush). 

Its tough... but hang in there.  I'm hoping she will get more used to it being part of her routine as we go along. (Fingers crossed!)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I was really good about brushing his teeth every night after he got a bath...and then I got lazy.  He was doing really good.  He would brush a bit and then I would finish, it worked.  Now that I've been lazy for so long, it's a battle!!!  I literally have to pry his mouth open all while he's screaming.  Hopefully being consistent with it again will get us back on the "it's fun" side of things.

• The little songs and games won't work with my stubborn guy. I have to lay him on the floor and sit on him with his arms pinned between my legs and his body. (I don't put my weight on him obviously). He hates it, but it's the only way to get the job done.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We were having the same problem until I got him an electric toothbrush. Now, he will stand on his stool and look in the mirror and let me brush. After brushing I then let him do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Electric toothbrush... Awesome idea!

• im going to target tomorrow and getting an electric toothbrush! 
  • I have a stubborn little man.  He is not good at allowing me to brush his teeth after he is done.   I don't really fight him on it yet.   
  •  

Thank u Suitern! Bought an electric toothbrush & he loved it!  He would have let me brush his teeth for an hour.  :)

•  

Thank u Suitern! Bought an electric toothbrush & he loved it!  He would have let me brush his teeth for an hour.  :)

Where did you get the electric? And what type is it if ou don't mind me asking :)

• got it at target.  Its colgate & has ninja turtles on it. 
  • Nat hates her electric toothbrush. She's afraid of it!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I put the toothbrush in DD's hand and help her brush them. She'll cooperate because it's like she's doing it herself, except I direct the toothbrush to make sure her teeth are actually getting brushed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"