Adoption
Options

Anyone in Ga?

I was hoping for a referral to an agency or attorney...TIA

Re: Anyone in Ga?

• Options

I'm in Georgia.  We used Adoption Information Services in Lawrenceville, GA.  They are a facilitator.  They are super helpful every step of the way.  They lead you to safe agencies.  We didn't adopt from Georgia because of the 10 day waiting period.  They help you with your home study, profile, just everything.

Their website is www.adoptioninfosvcs.com.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The company I work with, Christian Adoption Consultants, is located in GA.  They are a consulting group and work with many safe, ethical agencies, and they also have their own agency right in GA, Hope For Adoption. 

The sites are www.christianadoptionconsultants.com and www.hopeforadoption.com

Feel free to contact me if you want more info or just to chat about either one.  Best of luck to you! :)

"Our children are not ours because they share our genes... they are ours because we have had the audacity to envision them. That, at the end of the day...or long sleepless night, is how love really works." Adoption Consultant Blog
    Personal Adoption Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...and OMG...both of your kids...amazing beautiful!
  • Options
    Also....Amy, can you tell me about the 10 day waiting period?
  • Options
    Well, in Georgia, after the birthmother signs her termination of parental rights, she has a 10 day period to change her mind. We adopted from Texas where as soon as the birth mother signs the TPR (72 hours after birth), then she can't change her mind. There are a few more states with no waiting period--such as Utah, Washington State, Colorado. These are the ones I know about.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAmy720:
    Well, in Georgia, after the birthmother signs her termination of parental rights, she has a 10 day period to change her mind. We adopted from Texas where as soon as the birth mother signs the TPR (72 hours after birth), then she can't change her mind. There are a few more states with no waiting period--such as Utah, Washington State, Colorado. These are the ones I know about.

That 10 day waiting period was rough.  You are holding your breath the entire 10 days.  At 12:01 on the 11th day my husband and I had a little party in our home.  We also got a lot of very very early phones calls on the morning of the 11th day congratulating us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"