Pre-School and Daycare
Options

potty training

when did you do it?  I thought we were all past that phase, but I saw a few PTing post, so I guess some are still working on it.  We're going on a cruise and DS will be 2 weeks shy of 2 so he can't go in the pool.  So many people on the cruising boards have suggested that we PT DS before then.  We tried PTing DD at 22 months because she was very willing to go potty, after a good day or two she had a horrible two days, accidents right after being put on the potty, so we gave up.  We tried again at 27 months, cold turkey on diapers again, and she took to it right away.  Even then though she was still the 1st kid I knew to get potty trained.  Many of our friends started trying after us and it still took alot of them a few months.  When was your LO potty trained?  Do you think a boy being potty trained before 2 is doable?

Re: potty training

• Options
    My middle son was the easiest to potty train. He started showing an interest at 18 months, but I was not ready since I was due with our third around that time. So we waited till I was ready at 25 months, he def could have done it earlier! Heck, two weeks after he trained he had to be recirced and did not have any issues with making it to the bathroom.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Honestly, it would not have been for my son.  I did try to start PT him at that point, and there was NO way it was going to work.  He just would not pee on the potty at that age, even though he could tell me when he had to pee and could "hold it" for a little while.  He would NOT pee on the potty.

FYI -- there are some boys who are pt at age 2, but among the moms I know, boys are generally right around 3.

You can introduce it, though, and see what happens!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD1, we had a lot of starts and stops before she was successfully trained. We initially started around 24 months, took a break, started again around 27 months, took another break, started back at 30 months and finally it clicked. She never had a pee accident after that point. It wasn't until somewhere between 37 and 38 months that she finally started pooping on the potty consistently. We didn't even bother with night training until she was 3.5. It went great from night one and she is yet to have an overnight accident.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I should also mention that I haven't even attempted to PT DD2 yet who is 27 months. She is absolutely not ready. I talk about it with her, she sees her older sister do it, and we read books about it. Honestly, I don't even plan on trying until spring.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't try with either of my kids until they were 3;  they weren't ready and I wasn't going to put them or myself thru the stress.  It was a 1 day process which I think is cuz I waited.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We tried and tried with my oldest DD from 18 minths and on but she never went more than a couple of days of doing it no matter what we did. DS does whatever she does so when she just up and decided she was done with diapers after our move he followed suit and now they are both done with diapers.. it only took 2 weeks for them to get to this point..no accidents at night either :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"