2nd Trimester

Is my DH being selfish?

I haven't been feeling well so I wanted to nap while DD did. She doesn't consistently nap though and we never know how long she'll sleep. 45 mins into a deep sleep DD wakes me up wanting to play. I feel like crap and my heart is racing from being woken so unexpectedly, I assumed DH was "on the clock" so I could rest. But he had gone down to the basement (2 floors down).

We talked about this in the past & decided he would take the baby camera down with him so he can hear/see she has woken and come get her instead her having to wake me up. Obviously he didnt follow through on it and I'm pretty sure it'll happen again. Sigh

Re: Is my DH being selfish?

• Now is the time to bring this up to him. If it bothers you, don't just let it go. Maybe next time don't assume and ask him to be "on the clock" before your nap so he knows for sure that that's what is going on.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • My dh did this exact thing today. Always naps in the basement. I brought him the monitor as said your on duty. And same goes at ngiht. I snore terribly when pregnant so some nights he sleeps on the couch. We take turns for sleeping in kn weekend etc and same goes for at night of he sleeps on the couch take the monitor. I can't be on baby duty all the time

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • I know, I need to talk to him. I'm just feeling defeated right now. We've talked about it before and even came up with a solution yet he doesn't stick to it. This isn't the only thing he's not keeping up his end of the deal on. I need more help with during pregnancy, he knows this and agreed to it, I guess he's all talk.
  • I agree with you,,, if he was home & you'd had this conversation before then it's normal to be bothered. I know what you mean about waking to a heart attack and it reallllllly messes me up! if it was just a fluke & he forgot it then I'd try to say forget it & next time be sure to tell him "take the monitor" ,,, even when I just want mental freedom from the monitor so I can shower & dry my hair I toss him the monitor like "heeeeeeeere,,, come on! you know it's not my responsibility right now" and I just make sure I always get what I want. the more kids, the more he learns. it can be paradise! I hope you get your rest!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Keep talking to him. Tell him you need him to do you a solid on this one. It's important & you really need to have confidence in him about this.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'd lay the smack down. If your not well and he's not working he should be 100% on baby duty. Even if just for an extra hour.
  • I always hand the monitor to my dh before I take a nap or go to bed early. My dh is helpful and kind but sometimes men are dense. The monitor is a physical reminder - oh yeah, I'm on duty. I got this. Keep talking to him/reminding him. Sorry you had to wake up that way, it's the worse feeling!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"