Attachment Parenting
Options

Anyone else bedshare with older children?

I have my 2 & 4 year old in our bed and love it! I'm not planning on moving them anytime soon. Anyone else still bedsharing with older children? If yes, do you have a time frame in mind for them to move to their own bed, or just let them stay until they move on their own?
baby 2Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else bedshare with older children?

• Options
    I bedshare with my daughter (in her room) at least part of every night.  (Though my husband is sick at the moment, and I just sleep in with her the whole night right now. :P )

I'd like to stop regularly bedsharing as soon as we can, but given her personality and her preferences, that's not going to happen any time soon at all.  Still, I think after six or seven, I'm going to be fairly uninterested in regular bedsharing.  
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My oldest generally sleeps in his room 5 nights a week (outside of illness) but comes occasionally at 5am to snuggle and sleep a little longer. My dh recently started grad school and he sleeps with me those nights all night. My youngest still bed shares most nights. She had been in her room for about 15 months but she started having seizures and I was too paranoid to let her sleep alone. I've let go a little bit--some nights she goes and sleeps with big bro. I'm sure I will have them both in my bed in some capacity for years to come. As a child I slept in my parents bed when I had nightmares or was sick until 8 or 9 and I'm guessing my kids will be similar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is only 4 months, but MH and I both decided to continue the family bed until she decides to leave.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • Options
    My 7 year old daughter is still in the bed with us.  I'm due with #2 early June so we'll be hopefully moving her to her room before then.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    My son didn't start sleeping in his own bed until he was 5. I loved snuggling with him every night. I got married, and that was the end of that. Then I had a daughter whom I would nurse in my bed, and sometimes she would sleep in my bed, but she was always squirming around and kept me awake! Lol they still ask to sleep in my bed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"