April 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: Holiday Music

What's your favorite song?

Least favorite song?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Holiday Music

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Love: Carol of the Bells, Baby it's Cold Outside, Santa Baby, my old school NKOTB Christmas album

Dislike: Jingle Bell Rock, any Mariah Carey Christmas cover

ETA- also love Do you Hear What I Hear
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Love: Oh holy night, have yourself a merry little Christmas, silent night, hippopotamus for Christmas and a less known song called, I need a silent night Least favorite: jingle bell rock, sleigh ride, let it snow, jingle bells, the stupid Mariah Carey All I want for Christmas
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like most of the classics. HATE Little Drummer Boy.
  • Options
    Lhyacinth888Lhyacinth888 member
    edited December 2013
    Fave: Oh Holy Night (when sung by a guy, esp Josh Groban) & Carol of the Bells oh and I love Christmas Eve in Washington (growing up near DC it always makes me smile)

Annoying as sin: Hey Santa by the Wilson sisters (nails on a chalkboard is more appealing)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love: joy to the world, O holy night and transiberian orchestra

Do not love: Mariah Carey anything, grown up Christmas wish, and any crap like Dominic the donkey & grandma got run over by a reindeer
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so horrible, I only know like two or three songs by name, if I heard them though I'd probably sing the lyrics.. I love Christmas songs. =)

• Options
    Favorites: O Holy Night, any NSync Xmas :), Canadian Tenors 'Hallelujah'

Least favorite: Mariah Carey (overplayed) and the one that goes 'there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime..'

Anniversary

• Options
    farmerpinkyfarmerpinky member
    edited December 2013
    Love: o holy night, anything by the rat pack except baby it's cold outside (date rape song).

Hate: little drummer boy, christmas shoes, baby it's cold outside, do they know it's Christmas time
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    edited December 2013
    Hate: the Jingle Bell version with the dogs barking & Bette Midler's version. Love: Christina Aguilera's version of This Christmas (am I showing my age?) @farmerpinky all I can think of is date rape when I hear that song period

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Carol of the Bells, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, and Run Run Rudolph are my favorites.

There is this old one they keep playing on my christmas station, "Oh by gosh by golly, it's time for mistletoe and holly.' I like older christmas classics but that one is annoying to me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town, especially the banter at the beginning, and Nat King Cole's version of The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...) as well as the classics like O Holy Night, O Come O Come Emmanuel, Joy to the World, Silent Night, and some of the lesser known ones like The Holly and The Ivy. (I spent many years in choirs so I know a lot of Xmas songs!)

I hate Christmas Shoes and the Pointer Sisters' truly awful Christmas Town.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    looooove Christmas time again by Tom petty, Carol of the bells by George Winston, and all I want for Christmas by mariah Carey

I didn't dislike anything until I heard Christmas shoes

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    Favorite: Baby It's Cold Outside and anything by Bare Naked Ladies and She & Him (their Christmas albums are great!)

Least: Christmas Shoes and anything by Mariah Carey (who, recently declared herself the queen of Christmas......uh huh....)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

All time #1 favorite Christmas song is Silent Night by the Temptations.  I thought that it was The Temptations song until I was about 12.

Least favorite by a long shot is Christmas Shoes.  I just can't with that song. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"