High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

XP from F14: GD question

Okay, so today was a really messed up day. My schedule was all jacked up-my shower was today, so instead of eating meal-snack-meal-snack-meal-snack, it ended up more like meal-snack-snack-meal-meal-snack. The second snack was way more sugar than I should have had (who can resist delicious baby shower cake!) but after my 2nd 'meal' my sugar came back at 102. We had a late dinner, and my 'normal' 8:45 insulin shot wasn't done until almost 1 hour later. So, 1 hour after eating, my sugar came back at 190!

My biggest question is... Should I be super worried? It is really high (my highest to date has been 162-and that was unusually high). I am thinking it is partly due to the messed up schedule of the day, partly because my insulin was late, and partly because of the bad foods I ate today. My plan (for now) is to have a high-protein low carb snack (more so than normal) and check sugar again before bed to be sure it's going down. Any other ideas? I don't anticipate this lasting long-I notmally do really well.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

Re: XP from F14: GD question

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about a single high number on a weird day. It happens. Valentines day before I had DD, I got a 201 and cried lol.

Drink a bunch of water and try to go for a walk if you can. Check again and see if its gone down at all a bit before bed.

Also, just a heads up from my experience- your numbers might be a bit off tomorrow. I know when I have a bad number my readings the next day tend to be slightly elevated.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! I had extra protein and about 1/2 as many carbs as normal for my last snack, and rechecked before bed, about 90 minutes later. It had dropped to 173 by that point. This morning, my fasting number was only slightly high, at 95. The rest of the day, it has been back to normal.

That 190 freaked me out-I hadn't seen one so high before! I will definitely be watching what I'm doing a little closer from now on!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"