Parenting after 35

Scary 1st trimester screening results?

How many moms on here had scary first trimester screening results and had to get CVS? Looking for some positive stories! I will be 37 when baby is born.

Re: Scary 1st trimester screening results?

• My sequential screen came back with a 1:15 chance that my son had Down's Syndrome. We didn't do a CVS or an Amnio. Instead, we opted to do MaterniT21 at the suggestion of the Perinatalogist. The test was negative for all trisomies and I have a healthy 10 1/2 month old. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My drs recommended we skip all the standard first tri tests and just do the MaterniT21 test so that's what we did.  My MaterniT21 test came back positive for Down Syndrome at 12-13 weeks. We decided the risk of the results being a false positive was not worth the risk of either a CVS or an amnio so we didn't do any further testing. My ds2 is 7.5 months and yes, the test results were accurate. I am 43 and dh is 58.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 39 when I got pregnant with DS (via IUI).  I had the screening done and they screwed up reading me the results (my OB wasn't in that day/I saw someone else).  They didn't catch it until I was home and already beyond upset.  Because of that I didn't trust them when they gave me the real results.  So I elected to have an amnio (which came out normal).  I don't regret my decision.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"