March 2014 Moms
Options

Holy crapoly! Third tri already?!

So, I got my week 26 Lucie's List email today, and it says "Congrats! You've made it to the third trimester!" And I was like... WHAT?

So, I checked my pregnancy app on my phone, and week 27 says "Welcome to the third trimester!" I kind of thought it was at week 28, but who cares.... WHAT IS THIRD TRI DOING SO CLOSE???

Where did this pregnancy go?! Have I been totally wasting time on the couch, eating pie, surfing the Bump and not doing things to prepare for this kiddo's arrival (that is not the case, but damned if I don't FEEL that way right now).

I'm getting nervous about my baby showers-- will I get the things we really need? Will we have to spend a small fortune in January to get the things we don't have at the "last minute" (in my mind, that's last minute)?

WHY DID YOU BRING THIS TO MY ATTENTION, LUCIE'S LIST?! I was blissfully enjoying my second trimester without a care in the world. Damn you.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 

Re: Holy crapoly! Third tri already?!

• Options
    And now I need to eat pie.  #-o

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its so very exciting and scary all at the same time!
  • Options
    Ahh i know! I got that email wednesday. It definitely made my heart race for a second! What i'm telling myself is get through the holidays and then i'll focus on baby.

No then i'll really start freaking out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Third tri is right aroud the corner for me and I am def freaking out!
    With DD1, I wrote in my invitations where we were registered and that we did NOT need any clothes. Sure enough, no one bought ANYTHING from my registries and ony bought clothes! Grrrrrrr!
    So now I'm afraid of the same thing happening again with DD2! I don't believe I'm going to have a very large shower either, and also don't expect anything but small stuff. Which is fine and all but it would be reeeally nice if one person said "Hey, I'd love to get the stroller/ carseat/ bouncy/ swing for you!" But I doubt it.

Congrats on those already in 3rd tri!
    Has there already been a 'when are you having your shower' thread?
    I'm going to check!
    :p
  • Options
    I was thinking about this today.  My LMP was June 5th and 6 months from June 5th is December 5th.  Which is next week.  Wow.
  • Options
    I had my monthly appointment on Wednesday and they gave me all the L&D paperwork to sign and bring to my next appointment, along with a packet on what to expect in the third trimester!!! I couldn't believe it!
    It's going by SO quickly! I can't wait to meet LO....but as a FTM, I'm kind of scared!!!!
  • Options

Perfect!

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    Oh my I got that email too. It has spurred DH and I to whip our apartment into shape this weekend! Freaking out just a bit- only a few weeks until Christmas - then a few more after then baby? I can't think about it too much or I start freaking out. That being said - I'm off to purge the baby room of accumulated stuff. And to convince DH to bring home pie .
  • Options
    I had the same freak out when I flipped to today's page of my preggo book and it said "90 days to go".  W.T.F.  90 days?!?  That's six paychecks!

I'm taking advantage of any Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that I can to help ease my anxiety about feeling unprepared (and to hopefully spread out the expense!). 

• Options
    I'm not listening! It can't be happening yet! Lalalalalala! :)

• Options
    I hadn't thought about this at all and just reading PPs comments has made my heart accelerate. I'm way too busy through Christmas to start worrying but as of the new year... Oh man, it's going to hit me hard. I still feel like a kid myself!
  • Options
    @sassyflats - That's because the first trimester SUCKED.  I've been pretty happy with the second; I don't want to trade it in for crappy sleep and feeling like a land bound manatee.
  • Options
    Damn time flies!
    I'm in panic mode as the 2nd tri comes to an end! I haven't done shit but buy a stroller/car seat and sassy diaper bag!!!
    Was at my SIL yesterday (she's due dec 14) and she's packed for the hospital has everything done and it made me think I'd better go ahead and get my ass in gear! Maybe get a crib or something!!
    Yikes talk about panic attack
    (Also I love my purchases thus far but only the car seat is a necessity for the first few days! And it has yet to arrive on my doorstep)
  • Options
    Oh my! :) I was thinking third trimester didn't start for me till tomorrow (28 weeks). Now you tell me I've been in it for two weeks already??? Lol man I really need to get the move on with her bedroom!!!
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I don't really know, each week 26, 27, 28 I've had some other source tell me "yay third trimester!"

Anyway, now I'm 28 weeks so I guess it's not even debatable now! Lol

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"