September 2013 Moms

Is my LO the only one?

Listen, I'm not complaining nor bragging but whose LO sleeps through the night? I mean through the entire night without two stretches. Our daughter typically sleeps 9pm-730/8am. No feedings/wake ups in between since about week 6. We follow Moms on Call roughly with her guiding us. Surely we can't have the only baby sleeping like this....???

Re: Is my LO the only one?

• mine doesn't sleep that long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine sleeps 12-7:30
  • mrsmoxiemrsmoxie member
    edited December 2013
    Mine sleeps from about 9:00 pm to 6 or 7 am. Sometimes if she falls asleep earlier than that, she'll wake up around 2 or 3 am to eat. Always has slept pretty much through the whole night since she was born. Made me and the nurses nervous.

Eta: in the beginning, I was worried she was sleeping too much and not eating enough. The nurses tried to wake her up every couple hours to get her to nurse, but she'd fall right back to sleep. My doctor told me that as long as she's gaining the right amount of weight, is happy and healthy, not to worry about it and count your blessings with the sleep. Doctor also said not to brag about it too much. Great advice.
  • My LO usually sleeps from 9:30-5:30
  • DD sleeps from about 6pm to 4am. Give or take an hour or so on those times. It works out well since 4 is when I would normally wake her during week days to get to daycare and she just started to go to sleep around 6 on her own.
  • kgravil85kgravil85 member
    edited December 2013
    LO sleeps somewhere between 10 and midnight to 5:30 without feeding, which is exactly how much sleep I too get before work. Lately it's been closer to midnight.

ETA: I consider myself lucky to even get 5 hours of sleep before work. Some moms aren't so lucky! Also, I agree you should prepare yourself for bitterness. I can't even read weight loss posts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine has slept thru here and there but is now back to waking every 3-4 hrs. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you! Same thing happened with my first kid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 313Meg313Meg member
    edited December 2013
    Always has a up every 2 hr sleeper! So like you said yourself count your blessings!
  • I specifically don't talk about sleep so I don't jinx it....DS1 was just like @abrandnewcocopuffs children.
  • junewife said:

313Meg said:

Always has a up every 2 hr sleeper! So like you said yourself count your blessings!

Me too @313Meg.  It has to get better, right?!

I keep saying.... Maybe after 4 months! :) Co-sleeping and side lying feeding 2x a night has helped me a ton!
  • I am actually truly concerned bc I've heard such horror stories from parents finding out their baby has something wrong with them which was causing the sleepiness. My circle of friends couldn't really relate so I thought I could get some input from our board of mothers who have LOs like mine. I appreciate all who responded.
  • 313Meg said:

junewife said:

313Meg said:

Me too @313Meg.  It has to get better, right?!
    I keep saying.... Maybe after 4 months! :) Co-sleeping and side lying feeding 2x a night has helped me a ton!

Side lying feeding has helped me a lot too! I also have DH do the burping and put back to bed part for at least one wake-up. That has helped a ton.
  • My LO has gone from sleeping from about 10 until 4 then back to sleep until about 7. Now the last couple weeks he is up at around 1:00, 5:00, 7:00 and 8.30ish. The other night he woke every 2hrs from 12 until about 8.
    Happy for your great schedule but like pp have said its hard not to be bitter reading this.
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• VitaLuna said:
    Oh yay! It's just like the "has anyone else not gained any weight?" posts of pregnancy! :insert glare: ;)
    Seriously. DD STTN once. Just once. I hate this post with a fiery passion. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• DD has slept 7pm-6am the last several nights. *knock on wood*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Loppy19 No, not really. The book does suggest letting a baby cry for 3-5 mins before going in to soothe in the beginning when establishing day time/night time routine. Luckily (I'm going to get hated for this too), my LO responded positively to the Moms on Call concept. Like I said in my original post, we follow it but take her lead. The biggest thing that has helped us is just trying to stick to the same things even if we get thrown off 30 mins to an hour. Also, we swaddle her at night, use a white noise machine and keep her room very dark. This helped in transitioning her to her crib at week 3. I know every baby is different but moms who wrote that they hate my original post and have LOs who are still up every 2-3 hours....try Moms on Call...can't hurt! I'd be happy answer any questions for those who want to try it. There's a great app to help too.
  • @VitaLuna I'm not concerned like I need to consult my pedetrician bc my LO is gaining like she should. I just don't want to feel like my baby is the only one who hardly sleeps during the day and saves it up for night time. I'm a FTM so I guess I'm just trying to relate.
  • we get a variation of-

7-1/1:30-6
    8-3/3-6

then random get up every 3 hour nights!

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• My LO has been STTN for the past month. She usually goes down between 9 and 10pm and sleeps until 6 or 7am.

I don't understand why you are concerned. STTN is not the norm at this age but it's nothing to be worried about.

• DD has slept 7pm-6am the last several nights. *knock on wood*

I knew better than to brag. I really did! Now here we sit at 3am....
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Loppy19..maybe your LO would be like mine and you'd never have to let her CIO.
  • @JLMcWeeney Please don't mistake my post. I was answering a question I was asked and only explained a small part of MOC. I actually started it to help regulate her constant feeding schedule and my sore nipples back at week 2.5-3. After double mastitis, surely you can understand my reasoning for trying to find a solution. Yes, sleep scheduling is apart of MOC but it's not the only thing it helps with. And there is no guarantees as my LO won't really nap during the day. We all don't know each other that well so please don't assume I'd brag about my baby. She doesn't do what MOC says she'd do (waking up) so hence my concern and search for other moms input. I appreciate yours.
  • @JocelynB0911 Unfortunately, I've had to defend my words/discussions. What is this board for if not to discuss things and pose questions?! Everyone is entitled to respond freely as they wish but I don't like assumptions. I'll take your advice and move on from this post.
  • Elliot just started consistently sleeping at least 10 hours at night this past week. He'll be 4 months old next Tuesday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • RagsdaleA said:
    @Loppy19..maybe your LO would be like mine and you'd never have to let her CIO.

Is this a joke? Did I miss the sarcasim?

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• @RagsdaleA I think next time you should title your post less cryptically. I clicked it thinking it would be about an odd or possibly troubling behavior--we've had a few hand sucking ones recently for example. If you had go e with a "for babies who STTN" type thing it might be better.

For me, hearing about babies who sleep 9 hours and more makes me physically ache. I am that jealous. My happiness for others is clouded!

Just a suggestion.
  • MOC = limited CIO, I agree with @Loppy19. This limited CIO is in hopes of your LO not continuing to cry but "learning" to sleep through the night. Babies either wake up to be fed of comforted, and the MOC method suggests that they wake out of habit. I question if a 0-3 month old is able to develop habits to begin with.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• @janelleashu I appreciate your response and advice. Your wording comes across much more clear since it doesn't have a tone trying to belittle me. My intention was never to stir up such a negative response.
  • Our does. He's always been a good sleeper, though. He was in his nursery at 4 weeks and STTN (9-10 hours) at around 6 weeks. We swaddled and use white noise. When he started breaking out of the velcrow swaddle we switched to the Merlin Sleepsuit and now he's pretty consistent at 12 hours per night. (730p-730a) He's a cat napper during the day, though..
    The Mrs.
  • imakeeff0rtsimakeeff0rts member
    edited December 2013
    RagsdaleA said:

@JocelynB0911 Unfortunately, I've had to defend my words/discussions. What is this board for if not to discuss things and pose questions?! Everyone is entitled to respond freely as they wish but I don't like assumptions. I'll take your advice and move on from this post.

FFS. Yes, this board is to pose questions and gain information. This place IS NOT meant to diagnose any possible problems with your LO. Call a doctor, like @vitaluna said, if you're concerned about something. Your reasoning for not doing so is ridiculous.

As far as not liking assumptions, we don't like drive-by moms popping in and out to brag and then deny it. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a damn duck.

Also, sleep training an infant in and of itself is absurd, but during the three week growth spurt? Really? And then to come brag about it under the guise of "er mah gersh I'm so worried that there's something wrong with my child who I've successfully sleep trained using this method (that everyone else should use btw) but I'm totally not bragging about how well it worked" is laughable. Get out of here with that crap. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Edited for typos.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"