Baby Showers

When exactly to give gifts to shower hostess?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've just never seen it done before nor done it myself! (I was totally clueless that this was a thing to do for my bridal shower!)

Should you give the gift privately sometime before, or after, the shower?
Or maybe immediately before or after the shower, but at the location of the shower, and privately?
Or maybe (but probably not this since I've never seen it before?) publicly in front of everyone at some point during the shower?
imageimage

Re: When exactly to give gifts to shower hostess?

• For my bridal shower my MOH was hosting it at her house. I went by, and now of course I can't remember if it was the day before or the day after, and gave her the present then. If I had the option of going over early I probably would have gone ahead and given to her right before the shower.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I gave my gifts at the end of the shower- after most of the guests had left and things were winding down. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Around here, they're usually given after the shower once almost all of the guests have left.
  • I gave mine right after the shower.

• I plan on thanking my mom and two friends at the end of my shower and giving them their gifts.  
  • I gave mine a week later. My sister hosted. I took her out to lunch te following week at or favorite restaurant and have her a thank you card and gift

• I gave my gifts at the end of the shower- after most of the guests had left and things were winding down. 

This.
    Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Work is throwing me a shower... do I need to do a hostess gift?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hlm184 said:
    Work is throwing me a shower... do I need to do a hostess gift?

If it's a large group of people rather than 1 or 2 colleagues, I'd say no. Beside thank yous, you could always do a big group gift, like bagels or donuts.

• hlm184 said:

If it's a large group of people rather than 1 or 2 colleagues, I'd say no. Beside thank yous, you could always do a big group gift, like bagels or donuts.
    Thanks, the food is a great idea!
  • RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited December 2013
    hlm184 said:
    hlm184 said:

I just realized part of my suggestion may be unclear. When I say "beside thank yous", I should have said" in addition to thank you notes for individual gidfts." If your entire workplace is organizing the shower, the food thing could take the place of the traditional "hostess gift."

• hlm184 said:
    hlm184 said:

I just realized part of my suggestion may be unclear. When I say "beside thank yous", I should have said" in addition to thank you notes for individual gidfts." If your entire workplace is organizing the shower, the food thing could take the place of the traditional "hostess gift."
    No, you made perfect sense.  :)
  • I took my two girlfriends that hosted my shower out 3 days before my shower and got them a mani/pedi and dinner to thank them.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I didn't even think about this... Good to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"