Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Good front facing carrier?

Like most things... This hasn't turned out as I planned! Oh babies :-)

I bought an ergo and was really looking forward to using it.

DS will only tolerate facing forward/out.

I tried the "hip"/side carry and it seems like he isn't going for it.

What is a good forward facing carrier? We love wearing him and want him happy.

Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

Re: Good front facing carrier?

• Options
    I've heard great things about the Beco Gemini!!
  • Options
    I had the same issue with my kids.  They only liked to face out.  I sold my Ergo and bought a Beco Gemini.  It is easier to put on and is super comfy!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does the Beco Gemini have an infant insert?
  • Options
    The gemini doesn't need an insert. It can be used for babies that are 7-35 pounds.
  • Options
    Thanks! Was planning to go for the Ergo... But I'm thinking the Gemini may be a better option, due to front facing capability and lack of extra infant insert. Only con I've read is that it can be hard to get off - requires two hands...
  • Options
    Oh and I wish it had a little zipper storage pocket like the Ergo... :)
  • Options
    Our baby isn't here yet, but we are definitely planning on getting a beco. Someone gave us an ergo, which will be great to have, but we like how the straps on the gemini can criss cross on your back for better support. I've also heard it can be difficult to get off, but for us the pros outweigh the cons. I agree, a pocket would be great to have!! :)
  • Options
    The new Beco Soleil has a pocket and also allows forward facing. I've read people say they can take them off with just one hand after they practice a bit.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    @dogperson11, do you happen to have a link to the Beco Soleil? I just went on their website, but it says the Soleil is only front carry facing in. I'd love if it is facing out, too! Thanks!
  • Options
    I like the Lillebaby. I found it very similar to the Ergo and very comfortable, but with more positions and options.
  • Options
    The new Beco Soleil has a pocket and also allows forward facing. I've read people say they can take them off with just one hand after they practice a bit.
    The Soleil is not front facing.  The base of the carrier is wide like the Ergo.  The Gemini has snaps to make the base smaller to allow for front facing.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    i have the Becco Soleil and love it . It does not allow for forword facing. You do have to use two hands to get it off and on ( safty feature) but its super easy and i have never had difficulty getting my daughter in an out safely and fast . I love the the Becco carriers allow for criss crossing !
  • Options
    i have the Becco Soleil and love it . It does not allow for forword facing. You do have to use two hands to get it off and on ( safty feature) but its super easy and i have never had difficulty getting my daughter in an out safely and fast . I love the the Becco carriers allow for criss crossing !
    The criss cross is my favorite feature!  I don't  have to try and reach behind me to buckle the back!
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Sorry ladies, I was sure if read it's forward facing in front, but I guess not.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"