2nd Trimester
Options

Argh! Any suggestions for second tri clothing?

Every morning I stare at my closet before I go to work, and nothing seems quite right. I'm fairly thin and not big enough for maternity clothes yet. I do wear a few of the pants, but most from last pregnancy (where I only gained 20 lbs) are too baggy. So I usually end up wearing regular trouser-type pants and wrestling with my belly band all day. I'd love to wear some comfy sweater dresses or flattering sweaters/shirts and pants that are appropriate for business attire, but everything just looks dumpy. Any ideas? Any brands that might be good? It seems like I need things that are really stretchy to grow with me.

Re: Argh! Any suggestions for second tri clothing?

• Options
    I found some nice Liz Lange stuff at target that doesn't fit like large maternity clothing, it looks like normal clothes now, but they are super stretchy so I know it will work later too.
    As for pants I have no idea. I'm having the same problem you are. I am also small and gained only 20 lbs and Pants from my last pg are too loose and slide down all day..
  • Options
    I've been shopping at Old Navy. Their maternity section isn't that large but many of their regular pieces fit just fine if I buy one size larger than normal. I'm in love with their boyfriend jean, it gives the perfect amount of room around my growing belly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got 2 non-maternity shift style dresses from Club Monaco a few weeks ago (the "Irina" and the "Jessica"), they both have space in the belly and the fabric has some stretch so I think it will last pretty well in to pregnancy.  

I also got the JCrew maternity "Minnie" pants - they don't have a high waistband or elastic all the way around (just two panels on the sides at the front) so you don't have to have a huge belly for them to fit.  Plus, no one could really tell that they are maternity so you could wear them anytime (at least that's what I'm telling myself!).
  • Options
    I got 2 non-maternity shift style dresses from Club Monaco a few weeks ago (the "Irina" and the "Jessica"), they both have space in the belly and the fabric has some stretch so I think it will last pretty well in to pregnancy.  

I also got the JCrew maternity "Minnie" pants - they don't have a high waistband or elastic all the way around (just two panels on the sides at the front) so you don't have to have a huge belly for them to fit.  Plus, no one could really tell that they are maternity so you could wear them anytime (at least that's what I'm telling myself!).
    Oh, that all sounds pretty good. I have to wear professional attire, so no jeans for me :(. I am dying with this belly band on today. It's uncomfortable and lumpy.

• Options
    I've found its hard to go wrong with dresses. There are some great professional looking, soft and stretchy dresses from Jessica Simpson (at Motherhood) and I also found some great ones at Pea in the Pod. They aren't restraining and they grow with you. Since its Fall/Winter season, pair them with some great boots and tights. 

I've had a real problem finding work slacks that aren't huge and unflattering. I am tall and thin also, so this stage is hard for pants. I feel your pain!
  • Options
    I had the same problem with my old maternity clothes. I just assumed they were all stretched out. Frustrated, I bought 2pairs maternity jeans, 2 pairs work pants, and 3 oversized sweaters. I spent $200 but my sanity has returned!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at the beginning of my 2nd trimester, and I'm still wearing clothes that are just a size larger than before.  I also got a couple of sweater dresses with some room in them, that's what belts are for!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    softservecitysoftservecity member
    edited December 2013
    I'm 17 weeks today and I'm having the same issue. I find that wearing the little bit too big maternity pants with the belly band over the top keeps them up and me comfy. I wish I could wear leggings to work because I'm in love with them but I can't find tops long enough for them to be work appropriate :-(
  • Options
    Leggings and big sweaters! I'm at teacher and I have to dress up everyday. These have been a lifesaver. I wear some cute boots and jewelry to dress it up
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited December 2013
    Indigo blue jeans from Motherhood Maternity..I like their new fitted styles, because they actually fit better and aren't too loose.  

• Options
    kbojo1221 said:
    Leggings and big sweaters! I'm at teacher and I have to dress up everyday. These have been a lifesaver. I wear some cute boots and jewelry to dress it up

Where do you find long tops? I'm also a teacher and our principal HATES leggings so we can only get away with it if we're wearing almost a dress over it!
  • Options
    Love Gap maternity! I have a hard time as well finding maternity trousers that aren't baggy and fit well so I just use a hair band to keep my non maternity pants closed instead of a Belly band. Gap's maternity shirts still fit well even if you're barely showing and will grow with you. I don't think they look baggy and frumpy if you're petite.
  • Options

I have 3 pairs of the J Crew Minnie pants and wear them practically every day. They are so comfortable and I get a lot of compliments and shocked responses when I say it's maternity. Their skinny denim jeans are really nice as well. I'm a teacher, too, and can't wear jeans, but I can get away with the skinnies because they're black.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    Im living in my stretchy yoga pants. They are cute, comfy and growing with my tummy!

• Options
    you need the kind of pants with the full belly panel that can be folded down when you are not that big and unfolded later (you can also fold the panel back down right after giving birth when you are smaller but not small enough to get back in regular pants.These ones also have the buttons and elstic on the inside of the waistband so you can adjust as needed
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem.  I'm 17 weeks and I'm too small for maternity, but I don't fit into my old clothes either.  And I think I lasted longer than I should have because I lost about 15 pounds before my wedding, but kept my clothes cause I knew were going to start ttc soon after and I owuld find it useful.  But now only 2 pairs of pants from that fit.  I find with maternity shirts, I struggle because they mostly are rouched for the belly that I don't yet have.  I've found a few tunic style shirts that work, but I don't have much.  Dresses don't fit because of my boobs.  Jeans have been difficult.  I boughtone pair of skinny maternity jeans, but I don't want only skinny. I prefer boot cut. and Finding those that fit have been very hard. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mcnava said:
    I'm having the same problem.  I'm 17 weeks and I'm too small for maternity, but I don't fit into my old clothes either.  And I think I lasted longer than I should have because I lost about 15 pounds before my wedding, but kept my clothes cause I knew were going to start ttc soon after and I owuld find it useful.  But now only 2 pairs of pants from that fit.  I find with maternity shirts, I struggle because they mostly are rouched for the belly that I don't yet have.  I've found a few tunic style shirts that work, but I don't have much.  Dresses don't fit because of my boobs.  Jeans have been difficult.  I boughtone pair of skinny maternity jeans, but I don't want only skinny. I prefer boot cut. and Finding those that fit have been very hard. 
    H&M has some bootcut jeans, I bought a pair and they are very comfortable. They have a high panel but it's quite comfortable, even though I don't have a big belly yet. I found some cute things at H&M, but they don't have a wide selection...

• Options
    I'm been living on leggings and big sweaters or dresses because I'm under 5 foot tall and can't find maternity pants that fit right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Empire waist dresses have been my best friend for work clothes and nights out. Flowy enough to be comfy, hide the bulge and not look like mumus.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A little pricey, but I love Pea in the Pod. There clothing fits great - I'm about 19-20 weeks right now and they fit great (i like a little snug so I don't look like a tent like my mom did in 1980).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    :-\"
    It's that time
    of the season
    to
    switchtomaternityclooooothing
    :-\"

Gap & Loft have good selections of business casual.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options

I bought some at ON, and decided I don't quite like it.  The shirts stretch out really bad, I'm just not a fan. 

I got a ton of stuff at A Pea in the Pod, and Motherhood.  Their shirts, just like Elbow shirts from A Pea are so comfy and will fit me all the way through.  Also, their pants are by far the best :)  A lot of the stuff I got a t A Pea, I found at Motherhood cheaper, but I went shopping in SF, and that's all there was.

• Options
    I thought i wasn't big enough for maternity clothes yet but i went to macy's and bought a bunch of black maternity shirts for work, and now I cant get out of them. The flexibility in the fabric is just so comfy I had no idea what i was missing. You should try it. I really like the the Jessica simpson styles. as far as pants i've been wearing a size bigger but i did by maternity skinny jeans and leggings and i really like them. But when im just lounging at home yoga pants and hoodies all the way.
  • Options
    i purchased a bunch of maternity jeans from Old Navy and they fit amazing:)  I am normally a size 4 or 6 so i ordered a size 4 and they fit great:)  I got a couple pairs of full panel and the half panel ones and they are so comfortable.  i could still wear my non maternity jeans but i am all for comfort these days!!  As for shirts i have gotten most of them from Target...the Liz Lange line is super cute and they aren't huge baggy shirts:)  I have gotten some longer sweaters and some long sleeve shirts that really could be wore pregnant or not:) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"