Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby super cranky after 3rd nap

Hi. My almost 7 month old is really cranky after her third nap (around 4.30 PM for 30-45 mins). She falls asleep quickly for it without a problem, and after waking from the nap is almost immediately tired and wanting to go down for bedtime. Keeping her up till 6 PM is a real challenge. Any views on what might be going on? This isn't new... Thanks!

Re: Baby super cranky after 3rd nap

• She might need to go to bed earlier. I know it's not ideal, but if she's tired at that time, it sounds like she is ready to go down.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • She might need to go to bed earlier. I know it's not ideal, but if she's tired at that time, it sounds like she is ready to go down.
    Agreed...I've had to do this too. If the third nap sucks, bedtime is earlier.  Are her earlier day naps long enough?

• Loading the player...
  • Hi... Even if I could keep her up until say 5.00 PM, isn't that too early for bed? Presumably she'd be up at 5 AMish then (more than 12 hours isn't realistic right?), which would bring her first and second naps forward, and then we'd get into the same cycle/problem, no? 

She currently wakes around 6.30, naps for 1-1.5 hours at 8.30, and 1-1.5 hours at 12.30. 

The third nap is fine in that she falls asleep on her own, goes to sleep quickly, and does a decent cat nap (30-45), it's just her demeanor after that nap...
  • Huh, her naps sound right. 5pm does seem too early to me. However, when my baby doesn't have a good 3rd nap or seems tired early, I have put him to bed an hour early and lo and behold he's slept till the regular time - sleeping 13 hours. I wonder why she's cranky after that third nap!?  

• My DS is the same way!!! Cries after that 3rd nap!
  • DD used to be the same way!  Never figured it out, but was glad when she no longer needed that third nap!

• My DD does the same thing, cries after the 3rd nap. I get the sense that she cries because she doesn't feel well rested when she wakes up, like she needs to sleep more. Sometimes when I or my husband have napped with her, we've been able to soothe her back to sleep, then she wakes up more content.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Son is the same way, if you can try and get her to go back to sleep, cause seems she didn't get her nap out. That's is what my mother in law does with my son rocks him back to sleep to try and get his full nap out, it don't always work and then him going til 8 to 9 until bed it a pain cause he is fussy and cries the whole night, but then falls out at bed time and sleeps most of the night.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"