High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Ladies on P17 suggestions to help with the itch!

I am on week 6 of the weekly P17 shots and the last few weeks I have started getting a red lump that is really itchy. I have read and been told it is a common side effect not to be concerned about. I also have read to get the shot a little higher up closer to the hip, give the injection really slow and them massage the area after. Doing that has helped a little but man....I feel like digging my butt off all the time it is so itchy!!! 

Does anyone have any other suggestions or things that you have found to be helpful? It's pretty awkward scratching my butt in public :/

Re: Ladies on P17 suggestions to help with the itch!

• Options
    Are you alternating cheeks each week (hehe)?  :)  Definitely massage a lot after the shot, and I also put heat on it afterwards too (I go sit on a heating pad for a little bit).  I'm not sure about where exactly the shots should go since I don't give them to myself, so I'm not much help there.  Hope you feel better soon! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks for the response. Yeah alternating cheeks each week, and 2 weeks later the opposite cheek still itches! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the heating pad then a few days later ice helps.  Also granny / pg panties so there is no elastic near your waist.  I got the huge high waisted panties - they felt like heaven.  I also only wore dresses from about week 28 on.  I couldn't stand any pressureon my waist or butt.  Good luck. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no suggestions. I just tried my hardest to ignore the itch! Luckily, they didn't start itching until around my 28th week or so, and am now on 32-only 3 shots to go!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    i tried not to scratch but i had my moments i use to scratch... boy scratching felt so good lol.. i tried it all nothing helped. i iced before and after injection, i used creams and massages.. i just dealt with it.. 
  • Options
    Ugh, I have the same problem! Definitely switch cheeks, the only other thing I have heard helps is have the nurse let the alcohol dry before administering the shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"