December 2012 Moms

Does this match?

OK...a word to the wise. Do not plan 1 year pictures for the Thursday before your works Christmas party (ordered to FABULOUS dresses off of Lulu's so that I could pick which one I want to wear. This year our party is in an awesome place and I wanted to look good...couldn't wait for the dresses to arrive and they both SUCK...UGH) and the week of the said 1 year old's birthday party. Not only do I have to find a new dress and have NO time to do it. but my husband picked up more shifts at work and is literally working today and tomorrow (my only two days off) working a double on Saturday (her actual birthday) and has Friday off but no clothes to wear either. And it's a "Semi formal jacket and tie required" party. So I'm trying to prepare for her pictures, her outfit, her birthday party and get a dress for my christmas party. I think I won't make it to Christmas with out an aneurism.

ANYWAY...I took her to buy shoes for her pictures tomorrow. Not thinking about the entire outfit I bought a pair of really cute purple/pink shoes. Got home and realized that while the dress is pink the shirt that goes under it is orange. And if you've ever shopped with a 1 year old in a shoe store before I don't have to tell you why I don't want to do THAT again...shoes...everywhere.

SO. I have a mint colored onsie from another outfit and I'm wondering if the shoes match the dress now. Maybe it gives the outfit a cute pop of color? Or am I nuts? Just tell me. Be honest. lol. I've been looking at snow flakes and penguins for her winter party so much I might be going color blind.
Do I go buy new shoes? Find a different outfit? I need help.
These shoes look a little more muted in the picture. They're kinda a fushia almost. and there are white tights that go with it.

imageThis is the original outfit. What shoes would I get with it?
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: Does this match?

• I would say it doesn't go together :/. Does she have a white or black dress by chance? I see that dress is from Carter's and they have a ton of adorable dresses - right now their whole store is 50% off (plus you can use a 20% off coupon from their FB page, you can even pull it up on your smartphone in the store.) I think those shoes are absolutely adorable & would really want to use them!
  • I agree that the shoes are adorable! But I also think they go better w/ the high-chair pad than w/ the outfit...think it's the bright red buttons that kind of clash. Buut if you were really in a jam it could mostly work. Good luck finding her outfit....it sounds like stuff is really stressful...take some deep breaths!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, I don't think they match either. Since you have a lot on your plate maybe you should pull out her other dresses and see if there is anything else that will go with the shoes. Does she have any solid color or black and white dresses? I think the shoes could work with other colors, but it's too purple pink to go with the pink and orange in that dress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Sorry, not a match. As a pop of color, you need to have a more nuteral or plain outfit. Too many colors. Try a black or white/cream dress with fun tights and the shoes.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

• Old Navy has a few options with color and simple. Do you have an Old. Navy near? Not sure if animal print is your thing, but they have a leopard dress. That will work nicely with the shoes. Or a fair isle dress that has a cute print, is mostly cream and would be great with the shoes. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=54055&vid=1&pid=920890002 Good luck! The shoes are a fall/winter color so it shouldn't be too hard. Keep us posted!

• They don't match, sorry :(

I love the shoes, though! I'd also look for a new dress and keep the shoes!

Target has some really cute white, gold and silver options right now, and they'd probably work great with those shoes.

If your heart is set on that dress, I'd look for a pair of boots (like Minnetonkas), they'd look adorable!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I had a feeling this would be the verdict. The shoes are so stinking adorable I think I'm going to take them with me and find a dress that matches. Thank you for all of the ideas! Both with dresses and shoes. I'm going to head out now. Pictures are at 3pm in Arvada which is a little ways from me to begin with. Need all the time I can spare. I do have a kohls near by and I think there's a Carter's around here somewhere too. Old navy isn't too far away. Luckily hubby doesn't go in for a few hours so I don't have to take her with me lol

I'll let you know what I get! Oh...I should have asked this originally. At the end of the photo shoot we'll be in a candy shop and are finishing with an ice cream cone. Should I get a second outfit for that? Like a onsie or just use the dress? Obviously I'll probably need something else to drive her home in bit that's easy
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Babar78 said:
    Thanks everyone. I had a feeling this would be the verdict. The shoes are so stinking adorable I think I'm going to take them with me and find a dress that matches. Thank you for all of the ideas! Both with dresses and shoes. I'm going to head out now. Pictures are at 3pm in Arvada which is a little ways from me to begin with. Need all the time I can spare. I do have a kohls near by and I think there's a Carter's around here somewhere too. Old navy isn't too far away. Luckily hubby doesn't go in for a few hours so I don't have to take her with me lol I'll let you know what I get! Oh...I should have asked this originally. At the end of the photo shoot we'll be in a candy shop and are finishing with an ice cream cone. Should I get a second outfit for that? Like a onsie or just use the dress? Obviously I'll probably need something else to drive her home in bit that's easy

I would def put her in something "birthday" themed with that type of setting if you can! Carter's has a few tops like the one below:

Great idea! Colorful and birthday themed. 

• Thanks!! I ended up going to kohls and after searching through all of their clothes I ended up finding different shoes instead. I couldn't find a birthday onsie although I REEEEallly wanted one for the ice cream pics. I found a really colorful onsie that says "love" and a pink tutu on sale. Figured that would work. I did find a super ute onsie the was colorful and said "sweetest thing" with a cupcake but it was 9months and I didn't know if it would fit.
    I'll post pics in a bit. I'm currently waiting in a parking lot for someone to bring me a check to reserve a lot to build a home lol. It's FREEZING out and she doesn't have a cell so I'm standing out here so she can see me. Brrrr
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • you could always juat say she picked out her own outfit or that DH did. She'll be darling no matter what.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • you could always juat say she picked out her own outfit or that DH did. She'll be darling no matter what.
  • & I really like the first combination with the magenta shoes
  • I want to know. More about this lot purchase! Building in a community? I dream of moving before 2nd but we will wait. Post pics soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"