2nd Trimester

Ugh....tailbone

I am on my feet A LOT!! I work in nursing so there's really no time to sit down. I've been having MAJOR issues with my tailbone feeling like its in my left hip. It hurts to stand, hurts to sit, hurts to bend, hurts to walk and hurts to try and crack it. I have no idea what to do about it. Has/does anyone else have this problem?

Re: Ugh....tailbone

• kirotea said:

Mine hurts but mostly when I'm sitting at work - I think the problem may be my desk chair but there aren't really any other options. I just make sure I get up at least every 30 minutes to stretch out or else it starts hurting A LOT. :/

This is me too I sit all day and try to get up once and awhile to walk around I thought my tailbone might just hurt cause I don't have a big butt :-/ lol

Lilypie - (MlIp)

• One of my PG friends suggested sitting on a breastfeeding pillow, like a Boppy. I got one of those knock off ones that were free with shipping...so I'm using that and I haven't had anymore tailbone pain at work. Totally worth it!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • I am the opposite- I get shooting pains in my tailbone when I have been walking a lot. We went to a festival this past weekend and all of a sudden I felt sharp pains. I have no idea what to do about it but luckily it doesn't happen too often.

image image
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've had this with all pregnancies. This is my 3rd and started earlier than usual. It can get irritated by walking or sitting too long. Sitting on hard surface....basically everything. Usually by end, I cannot walk. No exaggeration. ..walking hurts. I went to chiro today to see if it would help. Nope. Ot will go away after baby born but until then, just sucks.
  • I'm having major pain as well.  It mostly hurts when I'm walking (like every step I take).  I do a pretty even mixture of sitting and standing at work, so I'm not sure which is to blame for the pain.  I am going to bring it up at my appointment this week.  I am only 14 weeks.  It doesn't seem like it should hurt this bad yet!
    TTC since March 2012 Me: 31 H: 37 SA: normal HSG (3/7/13): suggested bicornuate uterus MRI (3/15/13): confirmed complete bicornuate uterus 7DPO results: normal CD3 results: FSH = 11.7, AMH = normal July 2013 - 1st round Clomid +TI
  • I had this with my other two kiddos so I have been doing yoga this pg. I am due Feb 24 and it's been so helpful so far! I would suggest looking into some different stretches you can do via YouTube and doing thse a few times a week. Good luck and hope your pain gets better!
    Feb 2014
  • I broke my tailbone not too long ago and feel your pain... When you can sit, those tiny little inflatable donuts are such a relief! I have one for work and home. Have you ever had issues with your TB before? Im Nervous, I heard that if you've damaged your TB in the past, child birth is not pleasant. Also, those solonpas heat patches are great for the lower back/tailbone area if you're on your feet all day especially, they last for almost 8 hours! Hope you feel better :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was having this issue with both my tailbone and left hip so I went to my chiropractor. She said that because my muscles are relaxing and shifting my hip was totally rotated weird and was causing all the pain. I got adjusted and felt so much better both sitting at my desk and walking!
    Married 8/10
    Bitty Baby's EDD: 4/21/14

My Crazy Magical Beautiful Life
  • I'm a hairdresser and being on my feet all day is fine the pain comes when I sit down its horrible. Feels like I need a rubber ring to take the pressure off
  • I love chiropractors!  They are life-savers (and YES, it is safe and very recommended to get regular chiropractic adjustments while pregnant).  Since our bodies are producing more of the hormone relaxin, the vertebrae in our spine are more prone to come out of alignment.
  • I've had a bad back for the better part of a year. It went away for a few months only to return when I was 13w pg. Get acupuncture. It has helped me immensely!
  • My tailbone hurts worse when I'm constipated. Maybe that's a reason it hurts bad too.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"