March 2013 Moms

1st Birthday

I know were still a while away, but it will sneak up before we know it!

What is everyone planning for their LOs 1st birthday ?

I keep going back and forth between a small get together verse a bigger celebration, like outside at a park. I worry it could rain, because it still does in March from time to time, but I want it to be fun for LO! We live in So Cal, so the weather more or less corporates!

Want some ideas! What are you doing!?
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: 1st Birthday

• We just had a big christening in August so we probably won't do anything huge. Just a pizza dinner with each side of the family. We too go back and forth though.
  • As soon as the holidays are over I think the planning will begin fir me. :) just going to do a party at our house probably with family and friends. Honestly there will be more adults than kids but I don't have a ton of friends with kids and she doesn't go to daycare so she doesn't know a lot of kids :). I'm sure i will go Pinterest crazy...

When she's older I definitely want to do a park birthday party, maybe for 2 or 3. We are in the Midwest though so you never know what the weather will be in march. There was snow on the ground when we brought her home from the hospital!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Loading the player...
  • We're not throwing a party.
  • No family nearby, so it's going to be a quiet affair here. A smash cake and that'll probably be it.

For my other two kids, our oldest had a quiet affair with extended family. I was planning a bigger something, but MIL decided to go to her mother's friends' niece's baby shower instead... no, that's not made up, so I downgraded to dinner with my side of the family and a smash cake.

Our second daughter got a bigger affair because I combined her 1st with my oldest's 2nd (birthdays are a day apart) because we knew it would be our last birthday while living near family. We booked a place at the local pizza hut, since our weather sucked, bought pizzas and brought cake and $ store decorations. Invited only family and one close friend. Both my girls were spoiled.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No family nearby, so it's going to be a quiet affair here. A smash cake and that'll probably be it.

For my other two kids, our oldest had a quiet affair with extended family. I was planning a bigger something, but MIL decided to go to her mother's friends' niece's baby shower instead... no, that's not made up, so I downgraded to dinner with my side of the family and a smash cake.

Our second daughter got a bigger affair because I combined her 1st with my oldest's 2nd (birthdays are a day apart) because we knew it would be our last birthday while living near family. We booked a place at the local pizza hut, since our weather sucked, bought pizzas and brought cake and $ store decorations. Invited only family and one close friend. Both my girls were spoiled.
    WHAT!?
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• I have no idea what were gonna do yet but I am so excited to figure it out haha. Her baptism was in October and it snuck up on us for sure and although everything turned out fine I do NOT want a repeat. I'll prob start planning after the holidays too.
  • A party at home with family and and a few of our friends.  DD's only friends are my nieces.  We threw a huge christening party so this will be small.  I am bouncing around the theme of rainbows or mickey mouse clubhouse.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We're going to do a party at home with mostly family and a couple friends.  I have no idea what I'm going to do for a theme.  What kinds of themes are y'all tossing around?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SarahRae85SarahRae85 member
    edited December 2013

WHAT!?
    That was pretty much my reaction. MIL, GMIL, and SIL went to the shower on the Saturday afternoon I had been making plans on. That also meant GFIL and youngest BIL had no ride and the only other person on DH's side that would come is the BIL DH barely stands (He wasn't invited to our wedding because DH has issues with him) so I wasn't going to invite just him. I hadn't made BIG plans, just a BBQ and lots of food and family. Once half our guest list crapped out on us, I just cancelled the whole thing and we changed the Sunday dinner I usually had with my family anyway and made it DD's first birthday celebration. MIL was not invited, even though her Sunday evening was wide open.

As for THEMES, for our one party, I did a crayon theme. It wasn't carried throughout, but there were crayons and scribbles on the cake and I had coloring pages and crayons on the tables.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DH wants to have a big party with family and friends. I was kind of hoping for just family so we'll see. March in MN means no chance of an outside party so we'd have it at our house. I have no ideas for a theme but I do want to put up decorations and have a smash cake even if it's just a small family gathering. I just need to make it through Christmas first, then I can start thinking about the party.

• RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited December 2013
    We plan to have a birthday party with family (grandparents and one uncle who lives nearby) and a couple of our friends, including my friend who sat for us when i went back to work. Nothing too major. Just a cookout (if pleasant out) or pizza (if cold or rainy) and some cake. Pretty excited about it, actually. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"