Caribbean Babies

Subchorionic bleed?

I was looking online at my lab results, and saw the final impression from the radiologist on my ultrasound that I had done on Friday. He noted a small subchorionic bleed in the uterine fundus. My ridiculous DH went on Dr. Google and panicked, read some article that I shouldn't lift anything over 8 pounds or have sex. He's being super insanely paranoid. I picked up our 9 pound kitten to make fun of him, which probably didn't help my cause. So, I called my doctor and the triage nurse said "it's fine, don't worry." Has anyone else dealt with a small bleed before? I've had zero spotting, and really wouldn't have had a clue anything was up if I hadn't read the ultrasound report.

Re: Subchorionic bleed?

• I think most of them end up going away on their own. When's your next appointment @MBRN83
    That's what I thought, too. January 8th. My doctor even mailed me a letter with my due date, and  said zero about the bleed, so I'm not too concerned about it. I just want DH to slow his roll. 
  • Elbug said:

I had major major MAJOR bleeding starting 12 weeks and bled nonstop heavily (like post partum pads) on and off until 19/20 weeks from a combo of SCH and marginal previa where my placenta was moving up (and therefore busting open a ton of blood vessels on its path of destruction).  I was on modified bedrest the entire time and it all resolved by my a/s at 20 weeks.  The SCH was small and my baby was not at risk.  The issue is when theres a very large hematoma that hasn't started to bleed that may interfere with baby's growth.  If yours was not obviously visable and "oh shit" on your u/s with no mention from your provider then absolutely don't worry about it.  You go ahead and pick up that 9 lb cat of yours and while you're at it clean the damn cat litter without a mask..... ;)

Sorry you went through that scary experience! I had a feeling it would resolve on it's own, but DH is a worrier. Thanks for the reassurance :)
  • Loading the player...
  • LOLing at you picking up the cat
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"