May 2012 Moms
Options

Help- Constant boob grabbing

I have researched this on the internet quite a bit but I'm hoping maybe some of you can help, or maybe have dealt with this yourself. I BF and weaned DD at around 14 months. She is 19 months now. Ever since she was weaned, she has become obsessed with having her hand down my shirt almost all of the time. If I am holding her, or she is on my lap, she likely is grabbing my boob or pinching my nipple. At first I dismissed it as a comfort/self soothe thing but now it is getting to be too much. First of all, she sometimes hurts me with the nipple pinching. have told her, "ouch that hurts mommy" and she will stop for a minute but dive back in moments later. It used to be mainly at home, when she was having her night time bottle or when we are cuddling on the couch in the morning but now it is often out in public. Yesterday I wore a turtleneck and she was still SO determined to get her hand down there. She does it with my mom as well as her daycare teachers. Any suggestions on how to stop this? If it is soothing, I feel bad making her stop but it is not appropriate for her hand to be down my shirt in public. TIA

Re: Help- Constant boob grabbing

• Options
    DS was never breastfed but does this from time to time. I think it is a comfort thing because when he does it it's usually when he's upset or tired and I'm holding him. However he also tries to put toys down my shirt if he sees a gap between the shirt collar and my skin, and also if I have a flowy shirt on he tries to lift it up to peek underneath. That I just attribute to curiosity, but will correct him in both instances. Does she have any sort of little blanket/lovie that she uses for comfort? Try redirecting her to something like that. If she doesnt already have one I'd suggest picking one up and have it on hand to redirect.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    We are still nursing but I am having some success using a nursing necklace. I got mine for kangaroo care. She uses organic wood and cotton and it was less than $20 CAN to have it shipped from Estonia. DD LOVES it. I get a lot of compliments on it as well. I got one made of juniper wood and it smells amazing. I can't say enough good things about this necklace. I've worn it every day for the last two weeks and I would say my daughter does the nipple twisting about 75% less and it's easy to redirect her little fingers to my necklace! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is the one I bought. I got the chocolate brown made with juniper wood. I can't stress enough how amazing it smells! I actually bought a green one in apple wood as well (for my stocking) that I haven't worn yet.
  • Options
    pickles- She has a cabbage patch baby that she carries around but if I'm holding her and she's holding "baby" as she calls her, she will drop baby to go for the boob! 

Najzo- thanks, maybe I will order myself one of those for Christmas. :)
  • Options
    picklesx said:

DS was never breastfed but does this from time to time. I think it is a comfort thing because when he does it it's usually when he's upset or tired and I'm holding him. However he also tries to put toys down my shirt if he sees a gap between the shirt collar and my skin, and also if I have a flowy shirt on he tries to lift it up to peek underneath. That I just attribute to curiosity, but will correct him in both instances. Does she have any sort of little blanket/lovie that she uses for comfort? Try redirecting her to something like that. If she doesnt already have one I'd suggest picking one up and have it on hand to redirect.

Ds is always holding something and once I woke up from our nap with a duplo firefighter's axe in my bra, lol! He still nurses and we jokingly call him Mr mayor because of the San Diego scandal. Perhaps I need one of those necklaces, my only defense its to give him a finger puppet before he nurses so he pokes me with that instead of pinching me.
  • Options
    Like any habit you want them to break CONSTANT and stern no and redirection works best. Hope it ends soon
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"