August 2011 Moms

I watched... and laughed!!

Jay had his vasectomy last Friday.  I stood in while wearing Prudence in the Ergo (she slept through the whole thing, but still, how horrifying to find out later in life that you were present for the sterilizing of your father).  

Anyway, the doc's methods were frustrating to say the least.  Doc numbed with local on both sides.  He started working on the right side.  Removed a portion of the vas deferens, cauterized and then moved on to the left.  He fumbled quite a bit and it took forever to finish the left side.  Then, he moved back to the right side to close up.  Took quite a while to get back to the left side to close up.  First stitch went in, and Jay nearly flew off the table.  The local had worn off, and Jay basically just experienced a scrotum piercing.  I think Jay just assumed that after his reaction, the doc would numb the area before continuing.  He was wrong. 
When the second stitch came in, Jay assumed the doc was numbing.  Again, wrong.  And, before Jay could ask him to re-numb the area, the doc was starting to cauterize.  I had to turn away.  The way Jay freaked out was like nothing I've ever seen.  I couldn't help but turn away as I started to laugh.

Jay later called me a twisted bitch for laughing at such a terrible situation. 

Despite the doc's short-comings Jay still says it was NBD, and he's recovered just fine.
Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: I watched... and laughed!!

• Omg how horrible! Was the doc having too much egg nog lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yikes! I bet that did not feel good at. all. Poor Jay (though I think I would have laughed, too)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my!

I wonder if I will ever convince DH to do this.  I am definitely not sharing this story with him.  LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Oh my!

I wonder if I will ever convince DH to do this.  I am definitely not sharing this story with him.  LOL!
    See...  I was talking with Jay about all the stories that his co-workers and friends and family had told him about how NBD the procedure was.  Then, I asked him what he was going to say his experience was like.  He said, "It was still NBD.  Even though it really fucking hurt when he made those 3 mistakes, the procedure up to that point and the recovery has been nothing."

That made me literally LOL because I was thinking about how a woman would've made this a pain olympics kind of deal.  We really like to wear our shit like a badge of honor, don't we ladies?
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"