Baby Names
Options

Need middle name for Mya please:)

We are leaning towards Mya for a girl .. We like the shortness of it and now need a middle name please!!

Mya ___ Murphy

Thank you!

Re: Need middle name for Mya please:)

• Options
    Mya Juliet
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was going to give suggestions, but when PP suggested Mya Juliet, I don't think I can top it!

Mya Claire

Mya Katherine

Mya Elizabeth

I still love Mya Juliet!

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mya Elizabeth

Mya Katherine

Mya Charlotte

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I like pp suggestion of Mya Juliet. I much prefer the spelling Maya.
  • Options
    BethPSU said:

I like pp suggestion of Mya Juliet. I much prefer the spelling Maya.

I agree. Not a fan of the spelling Mya.
  • Options
    Though I'm not a fan if the spelling Mya, I would suggest Mya Claire.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mya Celeste
    Mya Renee
  • Options

Mya Victoria

Mya Katerina

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I'm also curious as to how your are planning on pronouncing it.  Mya looks awkward.

Middle names I like: Claire, Facility, Faith, Annabelle, Josephine

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I also don't love Mya. I'd rather see Mia or Maya. 

Mya Simone
    Mya Celeste
    Mya Noelle
    Mya Persephone
    Mya Violet

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help :) pronouncing it My-a... We love the spelling ... And when I have told people Mya the first way they say is "oh like M-Y-A" .. So we don't think it's going to be too awkward but thank you for all your opinions :)
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help :) pronouncing it My-a... We love the spelling ... And when I have told people Mya the first way they say is "oh like M-Y-A" .. So we don't think it's going to be too awkward but thank you for all your opinions :)
    All of the Mya's that I know are spelled this way. Pretty name.
  • Options
    I have never seen it spelled Mya, so it looks strange to me, like it is missing a vowel. I prefer Maya or even Myah. I like pp Mya Juliet or Mya Claire.
  • Options
    We've decided on Mya Kathryn or Mya Clare .. Happy we have finally gotten this far! Thank you for all your help :)
  • Options
    I like mya Juliet, Mya June
  • Options
    To me Mya is pronounced My-a, Maya would sound like May-a and Mia would be Mi-a. I agree that My-a should be spelled Mya or Maia Mya Clare is beautiful!!
  • Options
    bromios said:
    Ramark said:
    To me Mya is pronounced My-a, Maya would sound like May-a and Mia would be Mi-a. I agree that My-a should be spelled Mya or Maia Mya Clare is beautiful!!
    Okay, I understand that OP is electing to use a youneek spelling 8-| , but, honestly, there is no precedent for pronouncing Maya "May-a". In fact, Maya is by far the most common way of spelling the name OP is going for, although Maia is the ancient and original form of the name. 
    I disagree that Mya is a youneek spelling. If anything it's simple and a common spelling in a lot of areas. I could see if she spelled it, Mayyah or something like that- but Mya is not bad. OP, lovely choice IMO! I would go with Mya Clare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"