Third-Party Reproduction
Options

hello - newbie intro!

Hello everyone. My dh and I have been trying to grow our family for awhile now but can't due to female IF (pof at 17). We had tried fresh DE about 3 years ago that ended in miscarriage and subsequently took off from the whole baby thing for about 1.5-2 years. We had originally thought of adopting, since it seemed like the most guaranteed way to have a child but I stumbled onto embryo adoption and we are now considering doing this as the costs for it are about a third of the cost of adoption and I guess I still wanna try to get pregnant. I was wondering if anyone here has any advice or what we can expect if/when we decide to go this route?

Thanks!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: hello - newbie intro!

• Options
    Hi and welcome! I am almost 6 weeks pregnant with adopted embryos. I put together an Embryo Adoption FAQ on my blog, you can click on the 'embryo adoption' badge in my signature. But feel free to ask me any questions. I'm happy to help!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Hi and welcome.  Embryo adoption is a very popular option on this board.  Do you have any specific questions?

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say welcome, and good luck!
  • Options
    This board has lots of smart ladies who can share you their experiences. Welcome & Good luck!

Me:37 (DOR), DH: 40 (Normal) TTC #1 since Fall 2010
    2010-2012 - 7 rounds of Clomid, 4 IUI & 2 IVF - all BFN (2 chemical pregnancies)
    April 2013 fresh DEgg - 15R, 4F, 2 transferred = BFN.  
    FET - 11/13
    Beta #1 11/23 = 247; Beta #2 11/25 = 538; Beta #3 11/29 = 5481 BFP!!!!!
    U/s #1 12/7 & U/s #2 12/16 = One perfect little heart beat!! 
    EDD = 8/1/14

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options
    Hi & welcome
    I am sorry to hear about your TTC trouble.
    I hope you find this board as helpful as I have :)
  • Options
    Welcome. As others said, you will find a wealth of information from these ladies. I'm not fully versed in embryo adoption myself, but wanted to wish you luck.

9/15/14 - Our first son born thanks to donor eggs at RBA after 7 failed own egg IVF cycles.
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Welcome!

We did a fresh DE and DS cycle to create our embryos.

Did you have any specific questions??

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Options
    Thanks everyone!  @liz4paws - I looked at the FAQs on your blog ... Great place to start!  Thank you!

I have no specific questions yet but I am wondering if anyone's tried NEDC?  (Ok maybe 1 or 2 questions). I would like to go with them but I worry about the home study.  Anything I should be aware of?  Is it really invasive and do I have to get references from people who aren't related to us?  I kinda dont wanna tell the world and I dont know if I wanna tell friends.  Idk.  Any advice?

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"