March 2013 Moms

Nap schedule at 9ish months?

Hey, so what does everyone's LO's nap schedule look like these days?

DD has a morning nap usually from 30 -90 mins and then a shorter one in the afternoon around 1. She's never ever been a good napper and its been a battle to get her to sleep past 30 mins since she was over 3 weeks old. Anyways, I put her down for her morning nap today and she completely skipped it. Just played and squealed like a maniac for the whole time. She's playing independently now and still very happy. When do their naps typically change? She seems too young to drop a nap, no?

I mean as long as she's happy I'm happy  - just wondering where everyone else is with this?

Re: Nap schedule at 9ish months?

• well..... it would seem that playing independently meant getting into a jar of Vaseline while mum wasn't looking and giving herself a pedicure up to her diaper..... fml

lol

• DS's naps are a bit wonky sometimes. If all is well, he does a morning and afternoon nap. Somedays, I end up having to go somewhere, and his nap gets cut short. Those days we usually end up with 3 naps still.
  • Loading the player...
  • My lo has never been a great napper but on a good day he will take one long one and then one shorter one. Usually it is just one nap though.
  • Wakes at 9:30

Nap: 2:00 to 3:45

Sometimes naps: 6:00 to 7:00 ish

Bed: 9:30 to 10:00
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Wakes 6:30
    Naps 9:30 -10:15
    Afternoon nap 2-4
    Bed 8:30
  • Wakes up: 6:00am
    Nap: 9:00am to 10:30am
    Nap: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
    Bed: 7:00pm

Naps are shorter or longer on some days but this is about average.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have 2 naps...one that is 20-30 mins and another that's an hour at best!
  • My little guy is a cat napper.  We get up around 6-630 to drop ds1 off at school and he will nap in the car (trip takes 30-40 minutes).  If we stay home from 730-230 he will either nap for an hour in the morning and an hour in the early afternoon (rarely) or more commonly he will take 3-4 1/2 hour naps or some combination of the two.  If we are out and about, he will nap for whatever period of time he is in his carseat and moving as a general rule (unless hunger overrides sleep).

Many nights he will also take a nap around suppertime if he didn't take at least one long nap during the day.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Since we nap trained her naps at about 1.5 hrs long and now she only needs two. Took about a month get predictable. Still not perfect but here is the new typical:

Awake 6-7
    9-1030 nap
    130-300 nap

Bed is at 7 or shortly before.

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• awake
    6:30-7

first nap is 2.5-3 hours later
    second nap is 3-3.5 hours after wake up from first nap

bed time is 7/7:30

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • At daycare he only naps once from 1230-230 and bedtime is 630. At home he will nap 2-3x with bedtime being at 730 or 8
  • Yikes! Reading these I'm really glad we have the schedule that we do!
    8 wake up
    11-12:30/1:00 Nap
    4-5:30 Nap
    Bedtime between 8:30/9
  • 6:30 wake up
    9-10 am Nap
    1-2 pm Nap
    4:30-5:30 nap
    7pm bedtime
  • We recently moved from 1-3 naps to 1-2 naps. Her main nap is around 12pm but if she doesn't sleep veey long then she takes a long one starting 4:30-5:30.
  • she usually has a nap around 10 for 1-2hours with my dh.  He works 3-11pm so by the time he gets home only has a few hours before he has to get up.  So they have snuggle/nap time together.
    Later in the day she will take a another nap usually on 30min -1hour.  She is then asleep by 7:30 and up by 6-7am.  We tried giving her another nap keep her up later in the hopes she would sleep later but it was a huge bust.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DS schedule on average:

Wake: 6:30 or 7:30
    Nap 1: 10-11:30
    Nap 2: 3:30-5
    Bedtime: 7:30

;

• My son is also a cat napper.
    Wakes at 7am
    Naps 9am-10am
    Naps 12pm (30min-1hour)
    Naps 3pm(30min-1hour)
    Bed time 7pm
  • Jake usually gets one morning nap of about 30-60 minutes, then possibly a second one of the same length in the early to mid-afternoon. Right around when he turned 9 months, he slept wuite a bit on my days off. One day, he got 3 naps in, the third being late enough to where I was afraid he wouldn't be tired enough to go to sleep for the night at a convenient hour (for me), but he did.

• Wakes-- between 7-7:30A.
    Morning nap-- 10A-around 11:30A.
    Lunch-- around 12:30P
    Afternoon nap-- 1:30P-2:30 or 3P.
    Sometimes second afternoon nap-- around 4:30 or 5P for about a half hour.
    Asleep by 7P.

(Blessed with a GREAT sleeper.)
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"