2nd Trimester
Options

Right Side Stomach Pains??

So I know I could just call my doctor and get it checked but I thought I would see if others are having the same pain as me first. I hate to be the "worry wart".

Over the past few days I have been having sharp pains below my right breast and wrapping around to my back. The pain is pretty constant and nagging me throughout the entire day. It gets worse when I am driving and/or just sitting down. It even hurts to touch the area. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and I am used to the stretching and normal aches and pains of pregnancy. I am sure this is just some type of growing pain but it makes me nervous since it isn't going away. I am almost 29 weeks.

Anyone else having these types of pains?

Tre Nichol

Re: Right Side Stomach Pains??

• Options
    Hmm...I'm generally not a worry wart or alarmist at all, but I'd probably call in for this if it was happening to me.

First of all, can you rule out a pulled muscle or similar injury?

Have you had high blood pressure? Upper right side pain can be a symptom of preeclampsia.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Gallbladder?
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should call but that totally happened to me last pregnancy. I think it was just my body adjusting to the new reality. It probably took a week to pass.

• Options

Kimbus22 said:
    I'd call.  That's where gallbladder pain manifests.  You could have stones.  Is it worse after you eat?

- I cant really pinpoint whether its worse after or not? It just seems to be ongoing and then will get worse randomly throughout. I just had another bad episode were it was so bad that I lost my breath. I know I should call I just don't want to feel stupid if it is nothing! I have an appointment Wednesday I am trying to hold off until then.

Tre Nichol
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I went for blood work and an ultrasound today. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. The pain continues to get worse and more persistent. keeping my fingers crossed its nothing major and just growing pains. thanks for all the input and help!
    Tre Nichol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"