December 2013 Moms
Options

Well we just made a tough decision...

Scheduled a c-section for Thursday AM. The doctor doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks, and there is no sign of ANYTHING happening in the next 48 hours. I am still closed and not softened, and the baby's head is still so high it's not engaged in my pelvis at all. We talked induction, and he said we could try, but based on his best guess and experience, there is a 75% chance the induction would fail and I would end up with a c-section anyway. I just don't want to go through both labor AND a c-section if I can help it. 

According to the ultrasound (which I know can be wrong) baby is pushing 9lbs and I'm only 4'9/ 110lbs not pregnant. Doc said *maybe* there is a reason why baby isn't dropping since I'm a smaller person. DH was with me and we talked it out together. Not the birth experience we wanted, but I am trying to focus on the benefits of knowing when/how this is all happening and that fact that I will be holding my baby in two days time! 

It was SUCH a hard decision. I cried. It was a mess. I think part of me will always wonder if the induction would have worked, but I want to make sure everybody comes out safe and healthy. If you read this whole thing, you get a cookie. =-) 
                                                            Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
Engaged 3/15/2006
Married 5/19/2007
DD 12/12/13
DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
 BabyFruit Ticker
Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

Re: Well we just made a tough decision...

• Options
    Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! Sorry you had to change your birth plan.
  • Options

Healthy baby, healthy mama, all that matters. You get to meet your cute baby soon!!! Woohoo!

This! It doesn't matter how lo gets here just that you both are safe. GL!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Sorry it doesn't look like you're going to get the birth experience you wanted, I know what its like to be disappointed when things don't work out. Good luck and it will be better once you hold your baby!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the support ladies. At the end of the day, healthy mom and baby is all that matters! Hopefully we made the right decision!

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mav couldn't of said it better, I am sorry it is not the birth you wanted, but you will be a Mom on Thursday! :)
  • Options
    Good luck on Thursday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It sounds like you made the smart choice :) keeping your baby safe is what's really important. Good luck mama!!!
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    I really don't blame you, I would have done the same thing.  
    I've always thought, if I have to have a c-section, it's not ideal but it's fine, except I don't want to go through hours of labor and pushing THEN have to have a section.  I have to imagine that recovery would be so difficult.  
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really don't blame you, I would have done the same thing.  
    I've always thought, if I have to have a c-section, it's not ideal but it's fine, except I don't want to go through hours of labor and pushing THEN have to have a section.  I have to imagine that recovery would be so difficult.  
    Friends who have had failed inductions (and I know several) said the recovery from that c-section was MUCH harder than their planned second c-sections with their second child. 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Good luck and yay baby time!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry it's not what you wanted, but in the end you will have your baby and that's all that matters! Best of luck!!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options
    I know it is disappointing when you realize that you will not have the birth experience you envisioned but as others and yourself have said, all that really matters in the end is a healthy mama and baby.  Good luck on Thursday!
  • Options
    I just had a scheduled c last Tues. The recovery really has been NBD. I know it's not what you wanted, but you'll do great and so will LO! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you made the best decision!!!! Good luck!
  • Options

According to the ultrasound (which I know can be wrong) baby is pushing 9lbs and I'm only 4'9/ 110lbs not pregnant. Doc said *maybe* there is a reason why baby isn't dropping since I'm a smaller  

Congrats on making your decision and good luck to you. I completely understand your reasoning and I'm not judging you at all, but this comment makes me think your doctor is an idiot. My grandmother, also 4'9" and about 93 lbs dripping wet and gave birth to four babies all over 9lbs vaginally. Being small does not equal inability to deliver vaginally. There may be other more detailed reasons that he just didn't go into, but the generic you're small so you're not gonna be able to deliver vaginally statement is junk.

Just wanted to put that out there for any other moms to be that are on the tiny side and are still hoping to deliver vaginally.

Again, I'm not knocking your choice at all. Just wanted to make sure others didn't see that brief comment and get discouraged. Looking forward to seeing your LO! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    I totally agree with the fact that tiny women deliver babies (and sometimes big ones) every day. I was totally prepared to go vaginal and wanted to do so, I think the part that affected our decision even moreso than size is the fact that the baby is not in a favorable position and cervix is not favorable for induction. 

According to the ultrasound (which I know can be wrong) baby is pushing 9lbs and I'm only 4'9/ 110lbs not pregnant. Doc said *maybe* there is a reason why baby isn't dropping since I'm a smaller  
    Congrats on making your decision and good luck to you. I completely understand your reasoning and I'm not judging you at all, but this comment makes me think your doctor is an idiot. My grandmother, also 4'9" and about 93 lbs dripping wet and gave birth to four babies all over 9lbs vaginally. Being small does not equal inability to deliver vaginally. There may be other more detailed reasons that he just didn't go into, but the generic you're small so you're not gonna be able to deliver vaginally statement is junk. Just wanted to put that out there for any other moms to be that are on the tiny side and are still hoping to deliver vaginally. Again, I'm not knocking your choice at all. Just wanted to make sure others didn't see that brief comment and get discouraged. Looking forward to seeing your LO! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow! Sorry you aren't getting the birth experience you wanted but at least you and LO will be safe and healthy!
  • Options
    I am sorry.  I would have made the same decision!  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm sorry it isn't going the way you planned, but the most important thing is that both you and baby are healthy! I know it's a tough decision, but I personally think you made the right one :-) Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I had my c section friday. As soon as the baby came out my doctor looked over at ne and said good call!! There is no way this baby would have came out of your cervix. Feel free to text me if u have any questions 469.774.2414. I know we were both in the same position.
  • Options
    Good luck!

• Options
    sbrazzle said:
    I had my c section friday. As soon as the baby came out my doctor looked over at ne and said good call!! There is no way this baby would have came out of your cervix. Feel free to text me if u have any questions 469.774.2414. I know we were both in the same position.
    Thanks sooo much I really appreciate. Glad everything worked out for you! 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"