Cloth Diapering

Lotus Bums - Cute Prints

I know these are just rebranded Alvas and not everyone is on board with the China diapers, but they have some really cute prints on Zulily, including a couple of holiday ones.

Re: Lotus Bums - Cute Prints

• Man it's early to be drinking, plus I'm KU, so... ~O)

I bought some of these when I was young and naive. And whether they are rebranded alvas or not I don't know, but they leak every.single.time. It's like they aren't waterproof. The pee goes straight through.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • TJ1979 said:
    Man it's early to be drinking, plus I'm KU, so... ~O) I bought some of these when I was young and naive. And whether they are rebranded alvas or not I don't know, but they leak every.single.time. It's like they aren't waterproof. The pee goes straight through.
    Thanks @TJ979. Maybe I'll just get one and see how it works for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've purchased a few of their wetbags just because I liked the prints. The wetbags are pretty small, so I just throw them in the diaper bag and use them for 1 or 2 changes max, and haven't had any issues. I've never tried the dipes, as I don't do pockets, and I've heard overall negative reviews from you ladies :)

• I have a few Alvas that I've never had a problem with. I love these prints, but I just couldn't handle shelling out the extra cash for the same diaper. I wonder if you got one of the batch with the bad PUL @TJ1979.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Well, I have a gazillion Alvas that I got off craigslist (called something else - Diaper something). I haven't had any problems out of them and they're pretty well used. I did just buy some replacement inserts for some of them off Amazon. I got so many I really don't need anymore, but these are so cute.

I have 3 Kawaiis that I like, but they seem to hold odors more. One Fuzzibunz that is fine, but a bit big for my son at 22 lbs. I think it's weird the FB doesn't have adjust snaps across the bottom.  All the rest, 17 I think, are Alvas by some name or another.

I wish it were easier to search for specific patterns on Alva's site so I could see if they're cheaper there.
  • The fb are either prefect size or one size. They are adjusted in the leg elastic if its one size.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @bemyselfandi Holy crap! I just looked on their site and saw there's supposed to be some adjustable elastic inside. I had no idea. LOL  I bought it on clearance at a cloth diaper shop I randomly walked into when we were in Puerto Rico on vacation. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Thanks!
  • Danie007 said:

I have a few Alvas that I've never had a problem with. I love these prints, but I just couldn't handle shelling out the extra cash for the same diaper. I wonder if you got one of the batch with the bad PUL @TJ1979.

I don't even think it's PUL, it feels like cotton. They work great as swim dipes though!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • cedenton said:

@bemyselfandi Holy crap! I just looked on their site and saw there's supposed to be some adjustable elastic inside. I had no idea. LOL  I bought it on clearance at a cloth diaper shop I randomly walked into when we were in Puerto Rico on vacation. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Thanks!

You just made my day. Give me two reasons to drink at 930am

• @bemyselfandi Holy crap! I just looked on their site and saw there's supposed to be some adjustable elastic inside. I had no idea. LOL  I bought it on clearance at a cloth diaper shop I randomly walked into when we were in Puerto Rico on vacation. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Thanks!
    Haha! Remember I'm technically a newbie because we had a service/pre-folds for over a year. :)
  • cedenton said:

cedenton said:

@bemyselfandi Holy crap! I just looked on their site and saw there's supposed to be some adjustable elastic inside. I had no idea. LOL  I bought it on clearance at a cloth diaper shop I randomly walked into when we were in Puerto Rico on vacation. I'll have to check it out when I get home. Thanks!

Haha! Remember I'm technically a newbie because we had a service/pre-folds for over a year. :)

Crazy talk.

• @cedenton, have you ever shopped at superstash.net? I have kawaiis and alvas from there and it's awesome! fast shipping and a free sample every time!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Thanks @candlequeen! I'll have to check it out.
  • Still haven't found anyone with those prints that are on Zulily. :(
  • I have 2 lotus bums that I got as part of a used lot I bought from someone but the diapers all worked out to be like $3/piece. They work just as well as my alvas. Though I wouldn't pay anymore for them, even with cute prints....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I got lotus bumz from zulilly and later more alvas straight from china. All have worked well for my DD who is now 21 months (so the lotus bumz have been in the rotation for 15+ months).
  • JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited December 2013
    Also, I know there are other diapers that have a lot of snaps, but 4 each side? 8 snaps is a bit much per change, IMO.

ETA: wording

• JEPES1348 said:
    Also, I know there are other diapers that have a lot of snaps, but 4 each side? 8 snaps is a bit much per change, IMO.

ETA: wording

Yep, this one detail is the only reason I have a love/hate relationship with my one Sweetpea cover.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • JmeJme said:
    I have 2 lotus bums that I got as part of a used lot I bought from someone but the diapers all worked out to be like $3/piece. They work just as well as my alvas. Though I wouldn't pay anymore for them, even with cute prin
    i know i will probably get flamed for this, but if it was a diaper I knew would work (i have had fine experiences with alvas), and there was a print or two that i really loved that i coudn't find somewhere else, I'd totally pay more for it.  I wouldn't want an entire stash of diapers I could have bought for half the price, but I'd definitely do it for one or two...like those freakin adorable bicycles
    Good...because I totally bought it. LOL
  • I bought one before I knew anything about them mainly because of how freaking cute the print was and tbh I hate the feeling of the diaper. Not really sure how well it will work for us but I do admit the prints are pretty cute. Not going to lie but I'd probably totally break down and buy that pink chevron one if I was having a girl.

Although I do have some friends who seem to love these and don't have any problems. I personally wouldn't buy them again though.
  • These prints are available at lotusbumz.com too! Very cute :) this post just made me discover Alvas...I am in love with the prints! OMG. Why are the Alvas so cheap compared to the lotus bumz if they are basically the same thing?

• These prints are available at lotusbumz.com too! Very cute :) this post just made me discover Alvas...I am in love with the prints! OMG. Why are the Alvas so cheap compared to the lotus bumz if they are basically the same thing?
    they are exactly the same.  lotuz bums buys the diapers from Alva wholesale, rebrands them (i.e., puts on their own label) and jacks up the price
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• man, I just went to the website and they really did jack up the price! I had no idea they would charge $22 a diaper! It makes me not feel so bad about buying from Just simply baby...I paid $6 a piece for two of the prints and 8.99 a piece for my other 2 before I found out they were alvas. They are pretty decent diapers, but I'll admit they feel even cheaper than my actual alva that I ordered from super stash. absolutely IN LOVE with the narwhals and the mustaches! but I won't be buying them!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I want all of the Alva diapers. In all of the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"