May 2012 Moms

Hand, foot and mouth?

DS has been very sick with a fever and sore throat for two days. Last night I had to work 2nd shift.  I came home and DS was up 3 hours late and DH could not get him to calm down.  He was just crying non stop.  I finally got him to bed, but then we were up pretty much all night.  He was inconsolable. Didn't want me to touch him, rock him, wouldn't drink any water.  The doctor today said he has sores on his mouth and throat from Hand foot and mouth virus.  I feel so bad for him.  He seems to be ok as long as his Motrin is still working.  Then it is a huge fight to get him to take medicine because it hurts his throat.  Water is the only thing I can really get him to drink, and I have to almost force it.  He is still eating fine though, which is strange to me. Have any of your little ones gotten this? how long does it take to get over it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Hand, foot and mouth?

• My older two have both had it a few times, if the dr saw the blisters then you maybe on the mend.

Try Tylenol and Advil/Motrin staggered so there's always something in lo system. It was three really bad days then starts to get better. As long as the blisters don't spread. Which 3 days in is very unlikely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Thanks bellelamb! Makes me feel alot better.  His blister showed up on his mouth on thursday and so far that is the only one I can see on the outside.  So I am really hoping he sleeps better tonight.  Went down without an issue unlike the 3 hours of screaming last night.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds horrible. I hope your LO feels better soon!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Schemrich how's your lo doing?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • bellelamb, we had another really rough day, but Sunday he was back to his normal self, just a little pain when drinking.  monday i swear he never put down his cup! he must have been making up for lost time drinking his beloved milk. :)  However, now I have it! So much for the doctor saying "adults can't get this"  I have a few little sores on my hands, and the WORST sore throat.  Oh well, mama still has to go to work.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • DD got it about 3 months ago. It was going around her daycare. It stunk! Popsicles, ice cream, appleasauce, bananas, pudding, and jello were about all she ate for 4-5 days. And she would only drink from a bottle which the pedi said was fine if that was the only way she'd drink. It took about 5 days for her to start feeling better. She was home for a week. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"