December 2011 Moms

How's the Christmas shopping going??

I'm pretty much DONE with everyone except a couple stocking stuffers for DS and DH. What did you get your LO? DS is getting a train table and train with a couple chairs to go with it from us and my MIL, the kid is spoiled and only grandkid for MIL, luckily we just had to buy the train. That stuff is expensive!
For Christmas I got him
Planes movie
Despicable Me DVD
Melissa and Doug cutting food
Melissa and Doug latches board
M&D Teddy wear plush
Touch and feel picture cards
Corduroy board book
Bob by Sandra Boynton 
Some matchbox cars and a stuffed minion for his stocking :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and isn't too stressed with shopping. Amazon is my best friend right now!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How's the Christmas shopping going??

• I think I've got the girls covered. It's everyone else I still need to shop for. I have very few ideas for my husband and he hasn't really given me any. Ugh.

Here's what DD2 is getting from us:
    Bitty Baby Twin and diaper bag with accessories
    Melissa and Doug pizza set
    Melissa and Doug cookie set
    PJs
    Books
    Despicable Me Blu-ray/DVD
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • So far we have:

Play kitchen
    Radio Flyer Tricycle
    Mega Blocks table

Some things will be for DS's birthday, and some for Christmas. I also plan to get some food/accessories for the kitchen and some books and puzzles. Plus DH has his heart set on buying DS a mini Buffalo Sabres hockey set. It's not really age appropriate, but DH is in love with the thing.

DH's niece and nephews are done since we did Christmas with them over Thanksgiving. We still have to do shopping for our parents and my niece and nephew. I have no idea what to get anyone, and the idea of walking around the mall makes me shudder right now.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are doing mini baseball mitt/ball, CAT mega blocks set from Costco and Mickeys Christmas Carol movie for bday. For Christmas DH built a train table (grandparents providing trains), knee hockey set, airport toy we couldn't leave Costco without, some clothes, variety of books, Planes, 101 Dalmations, Melissa and Doug reusable sticker book and some more animals for his FP zoo. Stocking is trains and little wheelie cars.

Glad to have him done! Now if only my nephews would tell me what they want I could be done!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I stayed about right on budget for DS. I am done shopping for him. We bought an art easel and table and chairs from IKEA. He is also getting a Thomas and friends chair for the living room, a play grill with play grilling food, a doctor toy set, some small cars and a box for them to fit in, and a small circus tent. All of this was on sale.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We didn't really have a budget set, but we did really good this year! We just finished birthday and Christmas yesterday. He's getting a little ride on ATV, a chunky Lego table, Ikea cars and stacker, a mini train, puzzle, a play cell phone and an old school chatter phone. I'm going to Target this week and I think I'm going to buy a family present of pajamas to open Christmas Eve. I told DH about a family present on Christmas Eve but didn't tell him what it was to keep the surprise and he said it was dumb and we can't open presents til Christmas morning. I'm doing it anyways, we're starting our own tradition!
  • -T- said:
    We didn't really have a budget set, but we did really good this year! We just finished birthday and Christmas yesterday. He's getting a little ride on ATV, a chunky Lego table, Ikea cars and stacker, a mini train, puzzle, a play cell phone and an old school chatter phone. I'm going to Target this week and I think I'm going to buy a family present of pajamas to open Christmas Eve. I told DH about a family present on Christmas Eve but didn't tell him what it was to keep the surprise and he said it was dumb and we can't open presents til Christmas morning. I'm doing it anyways, we're starting our own tradition!
    I bought DS pajamas for Christmas Eve last year, and did it again this year :) And a new Christmas book to read before bed that night! I think it's a cute to have a little thing the day before. When I was a kid we opened at least one present the night before.
    I like this tradition a lot too, @T you should definitely do it. I've been thinking about doing that too! Growing up we could pick out 1 present to open on Christmas eve, I like that one too but DS is too young to understand right now and DH is anti opening before Christmas :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• -T- said:

We didn't really have a budget set, but we did really good this year! We just finished birthday and Christmas yesterday. He's getting a little ride on ATV, a chunky Lego table, Ikea cars and stacker, a mini train, puzzle, a play cell phone and an old school chatter phone. I'm going to Target this week and I think I'm going to buy a family present of pajamas to open Christmas Eve. I told DH about a family present on Christmas Eve but didn't tell him what it was to keep the surprise and he said it was dumb and we can't open presents til Christmas morning. I'm doing it anyways, we're starting our own tradition!

I bought DS pajamas for Christmas Eve last year, and did it again this year :) And a new Christmas book to read before bed that night! I think it's a cute to have a little thing the day before. When I was a kid we opened at least one present the night before.

I like this tradition a lot too, @T you should definitely do it. I've been thinking about doing that too! Growing up we could pick out 1 present to open on Christmas eve, I like that one too but DS is too young to understand right now and DH is anti opening before Christmas :(

We also did Christmas Eve Jammie's when I was a kid. I added to that and do a movie, popcorn (or another snack) and cider or hot cocoa stuff. We watch the movie that night, it's been a fun tradition so far!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"