Parenting

PPA/PPD check in

Hey ladies, hope no one minds if I start this up. How is everyone?

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

Re: PPA/PPD check in

• Oh and to add, I was over at my parents house yesterday and y Dad started yelling at my mom (for no good reason). I calmly asked him not to yell at her, especially in front of my kids. He kept on going so I picked the kids up and left . He freaked and started slamming doors. I feel so bad for my mom:( but I'm not going to let my kids be witness to that

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @pobrecita.

How are you post Thanksgoving?

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Thanks @eVA116, it made me feel a lot better to hear about your DH.

20lbs left and he's only 4 months?! That's amazing! You've already lost 45lbs. Take it easy on yourself, it definitely takes more than 4 months to lose it all but it will come off.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Don't blame you at all @pobrecita, 4 Christmases would make me want to drink too.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• First off hugs @Loveactually4 I have a similar situation with my mom. I moved out at 17 with some friends from my church. We have had a fake relationship since. I try to only interact with her once every few months. She puts me on edge, and I even get a speech issue when I'm around her. I honestly have kept dealing with her so I can stay in contact with my younger brothers.

I just wanted to say that it was great you stood your ground and then proceeded to leave.

imageimage

• image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• @Loveactually4, the fact that you are acknowledging a problem and trying to fix it is the difference between you and your dad, and exactly why you WONT turn out like him. My father was the same way, and remembering how his outburst made me feel is the primary reason I will always try so hard not to yell and scream, even at DH. I hope you are able to find the answers you need in therapy and meds, I bet the combo will really help you.

@pobrecita, have you considered having the holidays at your house?  We were in the same boat, Christmas was exhausting, stressful, and anything but merry, shuttling all over town.  Now we do Christmas at my house, and even though I do a brunch AND a big dinner, it is still a hundred times easier and more enjoyable.  If people want to see us, they'll show up.  If not, oh well.  

I feel like I am doing a lot better.  I switched BC pills, which I think was a big contributed, and I feel much more even.  However, the raging headaches I had when I wasn't on the pill are back, but honestly I'd rather deal with them than the depression and mood swings.  Today I felt anxious all day because of my morning (see my MIL vent), and I just came home and ate way too much.  I think a Xanax is really what I needed, but I am afraid to admit I need a script.  In fact, I was just more honest with you guys than anyone IRL.  
    image image
  • @CTGirl30, I hope you get some rest. I get that feeling too, like I can't stop my mind and my body's trying to catch up with everything. Hugs.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Hugs @RegalMama, that's exactly how I feel.

Can you ask for a referral to a psychiatrist? They might be able to better manage your medication and refer you to a therapist who may be more tailored to you.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Hugs to all of you. It's amazing to know paths that everyone is on. Usually it just feels like your alone and then in the big picture there are others who are facing the same demons.

I'm doing so so. I am currently on the never ending period which is making me want to eat/sleep/and be cranky. My MIL called me today. She wants to do Christmas on the 22nd which is fine but i don't have all of their Christmas shopping done yet... and I am dreading it. Mostly the cost and the hassle. I am hoping this week goes smoothly for all of us.
  • Thanks for this post. Hearing everyone else's situations makes me realize that I'm not too "crazy"!

My LO (as I posted earlier) has RSV, so here we sit in the PICU. My husband blames my family (because we went there for thanksgiving and we found out my dad got sick the day before we left). So I have stress from the DH hating the in laws now. And stress from hoping my LO will be okay. Did I also mention the nurses could care less if she's up all night screaming (she hasn't had food since Saturday morning). They leave it to me to soothe her... How do you do that when you can't feed her, change her, or pick her up? And we're 2 hours from home - so that makes going home to shower or get clothes impossible.

Oh and Christmas is my favorite holiday and I was so excited to spend it with my LO. Now I have no tree, no decorations up, no presents (no money for presents bc DH is using unpaid days off to stay in the hospital and I'm on unpaid maternity leave), and no family because we'll be on lock down if we even make it home for Christmas!

Sorry for the crazy and long rant (especially for being a newbie)!
  • @babyf86 I hope your LO feels better soon. DS2 was hospitalized with RSV last Christmas at 5 weeks old so I can empathize with what a roller coaster it is.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....

• Hugs to everyone!! I am so glad I opened up on here about how I was feeling. I can't talk to anyone IRL and to hear all of your stories and struggles makes me feel less isolated. I think the holidays are so overwhelming. We are almost out of $ for this month and its only the 9th. I haven't gotten anything for family, just the kids and won't be able to buy anything else. I wish we had family near for the holidays but it will be another year just us. My 10 month old inconsolably cries every single evening. No matter what we try she is miserable. The sound of her crying makes my body temp rise immediately. Every evening is very quiet and strained between me and my Dh (aside from her yelling) because of how much tension she creates. It's only the evenings though, she's such a smiley giggly baby throughout the day. I keep telling myself it will get better after she turns 1. Blah. It's emotionally draining.

I got offered a job though and my first day is Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to communicating with people that are over the age of 3.

• I hope your LO has a speedy recovery @babyf86. I'm sure your husband is just projecting his anxiety about the situation into anger, but that is the last thing you need right now!
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"