November 2012 Moms

crib chewers?

who else has a little woodchuck?  we got the gummy rail protector, but after using the humidifier last night, one entire side of the gummy was flapping in the air...

who has good (and hopefully affordable) solutions?

we tried just putting protector on the main/front side, but she then migrated to the other three sides of the crib, so we need to cover all 4 sides...

Re: crib chewers?

• DD was doing that a few weeks ago.  It seems as though she's stopped for now at least).  I'm planning on doing the no sew option above.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made what @uconnhuskie007 was talking about with the first link with I. It's still going strong on the three rails and he hasn't managed to chew anything under it.  I'm planning on making one for M once the holidays are over and thing are back to normal.  I highly suggest that if you are wanting to sew.  If not, the fleece one works good too, but I'd be concerned about the thickness and baby still possibly biting through it.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I made the fleece one about 2 months ago and it's held up perfectly.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes I have a woodchuck too! We bought this and have been very happy with it. Of course, she already left a ton of teeth marks before we put this up! https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Organic-Easy-Teether-Cover/dp/B001JJ8A58
  • thanks guys!  we ended up doing the DIY fleece thing (on front rail we doubled it over the rubber gummy one), and it is working!
    Also, I am NOT a DIY person, but it was pretty easy to do (maybe 2 hours at the MOST), easy to tidy up with a pair of scissors, and the $9 price tag was pretty awesome since we had to cover all 4 sides of her crib!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"