January 2014 Moms

Monday Morning Bitchfest

Re: Monday Morning Bitchfest

• Hey darling husband, you keep telling me not to overdo it or wear myself out, but we moved over Thanksgiving and STILL have multiple boxes and crap piled up everywhere.  There are certain areas I can't get to because my big belly won't fit in the tiny little rabbit trails you have created between boxes.

Perhaps if you didn't volunteer your ENTIRE weekend to work with other people's children, then come home and watch hours of football to "relax" we could have this house whipped into shape.

And hey, I know you're sad for this to be the first Christmas in your ENTIRE life you haven't spent with your parents, so then let's decorate our house and feel festive!!! Except that we still have boxes piled up everywhere (See previous paragraph, numb-nuts).

This is what my house feels like right now:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KaitiMac said:
    Everyone: "Are we going to have a Christmas baby?"
    Me, trying to be nice: "Only if she's a month early, which would not be ideal."
    Everyone: "Oh, but a Christmas baby would be so nice."
    Me: image

Exactly.

Everyone: "When are you due?"

Me: "January 2nd"

Everyone: "Oh, maybe you'll have a New Year's Baby. Think of all the free stuff you'll get for that."

Okay, now I know that would only make the baby a day early, but do you think I REALLY care about getting free stuff or having my name in the paper for having a New Year's Baby. Personally I would just like my LO to be born healthy when she's ready to make her appearance and I would prefer not to spend my holidays in the hospital. The other one I get a lot is "If you have her before Dec. 31st you'll get the tax write-off for this year." SERIOUSLY!?!?! Not really concerned about that either.

image     image

• Loading the player...
  • I am REALLY over other women asking me how I'm feeling and I reply with "I'm exhausted, uncomfortable and ready to pop this baby out." They ALWAYS seem to reply with "Well, enjoy being pregnant because you're going to miss it." Uhhhh, thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty sure I'm beyond the "enjoyment" part of pregnancy.

Also, I wish I could fit my huge ass into my tiny ass bathtub so maybe I could relax a little bit.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • We got new wood floors installed last week, adn they are gorgeous, but last week was utterly the week from hell. Between the construction zone, a toddler, being 9 months pregnant, and sub-zero temperatures, I am beat. We ended up at a hotel for three nights only to come home to a broke furnace. It was -8 degrees this morning. I have had enough and just want to relax and get into the Christmas season.

• jwp325jwp325 member
    edited December 2013
    Stupid DH! I know I've asked you to do things around the house that we normally share or that I do but that doesn't give you the right to say in front of your dad in public at a restaurant that "you do nothing." You tried to backtrack and say that I do grade papers and do my work for my online courses but it still didn't matter because I started crying the minute the words came out of your mouth. I do a ton while you sit on your computer playing games. Also I'm CARRYING OUR CHILD! This is not nothing. At this point I'm exhausted after two hours in the car every day and trying to teach at some semblance of what I was able to do when not pregnant so you're lucky that there's dinner for you and that I can get anything else accomplished during the week. Get your act together and be supportive instead of complaining!

ETA: Stop complaining about how you're going to lose sleep once LO is here and how you need to rested for your commute. Dude, you're not the only one who will lose sleep and currently thanks to insomnia I'm driving to work on little sleep. Pretty sure you can handle it. Who knows maybe we'll win the lottery and you can get a six month lease on an apartment for during the week.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2013
    MIL: How many weeks left?

One less than the last fucking time you asked me a week ago. Lady who has known my RCS date since october. Look at a god damn calendar if you really want to know the answer!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh
  • This snow is ruining my last 2 weeks before the baby!  I was annoyed last night when I heard preschool was cancelled but I knew I still had 3 more days of the kids in school before the baby arrives.  Now more snow tomorrow - my DH took off to specifically help with doctor appointments (mine and my son's) and if we have to reschedule I have no idea when we can fit the appointments in and there's no way my DH will be able to rearrange a different day off.  I know its winter and this is what happens but I had such great plans of enjoying my time WITHOUT the kids when they are in preschool and enjoying the time WITH just the two of them before the new baby is here.  You'd think by now I'd be used to the fact that you can't really plan anything when kids and babies (and the weather) are involved!
  • I've been battling a cold for a week + now. I'm starting to wonder if I have a sinus infection, today seems worse than the weekend.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Stupid co-worker "How far along are you?"
    Me, seeing where this is going already "33 weeks"
    Stupid co-worker "OMG!  You're TINY!  You're going to have a TINY baby!"

Me "Um no.  I'm bigger than I was with DS and he was 8.5 lbs 2 weeks early.  But thanks?"

There are no appropriate comments about size.  Shut your face, ass hat.

• ac1259ac1259 member
    edited December 2013
    I kicked my freaking bed frame this morning and now it hurts to walk...this happens right as I get some energy to clean up my pigsty of a house and start doing baby laundry since I now have a dresser to put it in! Now it feels like someone is chopping into my foot whenever I take a step. Oh and I called the doctor for kicks (she knows DH would have to drive 45 minutes to come get me and then another 30 back to the office) and now they aren't calling me back. Oh and my 1 year old is getting molars so she's an absolute joy to be around today...and I'm supposed to be "taking it easy" so I don't contract too much and wind up in PTL this pregnancy...Can it be 37 weeks already?

• Another bitchfest....this has been fairly tame AND quiet.
    ********************************************************************************************************

• Can I join in? To start my Monday off I left the house without my purse, while in a meeting with our house doctor I get a call that my 7 year old autistic son got pepper sprayed on the bus and yo top it off I'm at a 2 hour doctor apt and still have 3 patients to see. Ugh!
  • @joshsmandy PEPPER SPRAYED?! WHAT?!
  • Effing school was canceled so all of the kids I babysit are here at the same time. 7 of them!

I'm so miserable. Everything hurts and it's difficult to walk.

Last Wednesday I was 2cm dilated and today I am 3cms. So now I'm anxious and just over this pregnancy.

I'm SO TIRED! 

• That's what I said and then they refused to get him medically cleared so I had to call EMS out there to get him cleared. We still have no real answer to how he got pepper sprayed
  • Why can't my MIL give me the addresses I need to finish the thank you cards for the shower she hosted? She had complete control over the guest list, but it has been like pulling teeth to get the addresses for all these people we don't even know. DH asked her on the phone yesterday for the address for Carol S. MIL has since sent several emails and Facebook messages to ask if it is Carol S or Carol C we need, since she didn't see any gifts from Carol S. I have a card from Carol S and her gift is on the list someone kept during the shower. She has also pointed out several times that Carol C should get her own thank you too. I know that and I have all the cards written out, including Carol C and Carol S. If MIL would just send the one address I am still missing, I would get these all in the mail and be done with them. Why does she keep making everything more difficult than it needs to be?

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• Hardly enough snow to turn the roofs white and we have a power outage. Already 12hrs and no end in site. It's cold but I'm a heater so I'm doing ok but it seems the cold makes LO grouchy she will not stop kicking
  • The In-Laws asked us what we wanted for Christmas. We suggested the last 5 things on our registry. (Convertible car seat, Wrap/Carrier, PNP sheets, breast milk storage bags and pumping supplies.) They get to BRU, call us and tell us they don't like what's on our list so they're going to pick something else. SERIOUSLY? We have everything else. There is a reason for a registry. I don't need to be returning duplicates when 9 months pregnant!

DD2 hands me a paper for her band concert last night. The concert is on Wednesday night. I now have 2 days to find time and buy her a white dress shirt, black dress pants, black socks, and black dress shoes. Andplusalso, I did not receive child support funds on Friday. Checked my account again this morning, still not in there. Not sure how I'm supposed to purchase this band outfit.

SO and I went grocery shopping Saturday to buy our meals for the week. I/we managed to forget one ingredient for every single meal. Back to the grocery store today so we can have dinner. Did I mention I hate grocery shopping.

• F you Xerox machine! I seriously cannot believe how much this stupid thing malfunctions, and at the WORST times (i.e. the first day of final exams...ugh!)  ....also, to the faculty who decided to text me an hour before work to tell me the copier was down--- yeah if you think that's going to get me in early, you're high!  This mama cleaned the apartment hardcore this weekend and no way in hell was I getting up earlier to not be able to do anything about it!

& as PP have mentioned -- the "you're getting there- so close! Baby could come any time now," comments are starting to chap my ass! I'm over it. The baby will come when it's ready...but I do really have 6 weeks left and haven't had a single sign that it'll be long before that so stfu. =)   Also, I think my recent influx of wanting to swear profusely is me mentally preparing to watch my mouth.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • LO doesn't like my contractions, so pushes against them when they come. I overdid things this weekend, so I'm already sore. I am so ready to be done :)

• Losing our spare bedroom is killing me. We now have zero closet space, and the room still isn't cleared out for this baby girl.
  • "Woah, are you going to give birth right here??"

No asshat, but thanks so much for pointing out my already obvious pregnancy. As if no one could figure it out without your, oh so clever, comments.
  • Losing our spare bedroom is killing me. We now have zero closet space, and the room still isn't cleared out for this baby girl.

• BrittNR said:
    "Woah, are you going to give birth right here??"

No asshat, but thanks so much for pointing out my already obvious pregnancy. As if no one could figure it out without your, oh so clever, comments.
    "Why yes, I suddenly feel the urge to push! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?!?!?! Oh, just kidding!"

• Tired of people telling me my lo is coming early bc of my size!!!!!!! Tired of back pain....tired of lightening crotch!!!!!
  • "How far along are you".

Me: "34-weeks"

"Oh, I am 30 weeks, guess I have a lot of growing to do in the next couple of weeks"

image imageimage

• Tired of complete strangers commenting on my size, how low I'm carrying, and assuming I'm due right now. (I'm due January 8 but because of complications will be delivering sometime between Dec 18 and Dec 24)

I have polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid) and late onset gestational diabetes so baby and bump are both measuring bigger than normal. Every comment reminds me that I'm high risk and brings on the stress and worry I'm trying so hard to keep my mind off of.
  • BrittNR said:
    "Woah, are you going to give birth right here??"

"Why yes, I suddenly feel the urge to push! IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?!?!?! Oh, just kidding!"

I think next time I hear any similar comments I'm going to start shouting, "I need hot water and string, STAT!! Hurry, check my cervix!"
  • I just wanna bitch about everything today but it's snowing which is making me happy somehow.

However, I'm pissed off that we have our Strata AGM tonight (Strata for those who don't know is ownership for a condo).  I was voted in as president last year "because we've all done it before, now it's your turn".  Great.  I have hated almost every minute of it but tonight I get to spend 2+ hours on a freaking Monday sitting with 23 other owners (if they show up) to talk about anything/everything.  This will inevitably end up as a bitch session by several owners who don't realize that being on the Strata council is like a 2nd full time job that we're not paid for.  Gah!  I'm consoling myself by stuffing my face with Crispers.
  • Sorry I have to complain one more time.

Me: "I hate my water broke so early and I only get 34 weeks. I know I complain but I'm going to miss carrying him and I'm just sad."

Sister 1 or 2: "You wouldn't have been able to make it to 40 weeks. It gets harder as you go and you just wouldn't have made it."

This doesn't so much make me angry as much as it makes me cry. That's really mean because you both carried all your children to term and I am not "lucky" I don't have to. I will face other challenges because he's going to be a preemie and despite what you think, spending a month in the hospital in a bed all day is HARD. So please stop because this really gets under my skin. Plus I think I'm pretty tough.
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• megs12914 said:
    Sorry I have to complain one more time. Me: "I hate my water broke so early and I only get 34 weeks. I know I complain but I'm going to miss carrying him and I'm just sad." Sister 1 or 2: "You wouldn't have been able to make it to 40 weeks. It gets harder as you go and you just wouldn't have made it." This doesn't so much make me angry as much as it makes me cry. That's really mean because you both carried all your children to term and I am not "lucky" I don't have to. I will face other challenges because he's going to be a preemie and despite what you think, spending a month in the hospital in a bed all day is HARD. So please stop because this really gets under my skin. Plus I think I'm pretty tough.
    That's a crappy thing for your sister to say. Seriously. WTF is wrong with people?

(Also, can I just mention that I think you're holding it together very well under the circumstances? If you can stay sane during a month+ hospital stay on bed rest there is no way in hell you wouldn't have been able to handle a 40+ week pregnancy. Just sayin.)
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Rojovol34 and @moosebaby2011 Thanks for the encouragement. I'm the baby of three girls so everyone is an expert on everything apparently. I've always had three moms because my two sisters are 6 and 4 years older than me and feel as if they can say whatever because this is my first time. I've always hated that part of being the youngest.
    Married 3/5/11

imageimageimage

• Hugs @megs12914. That's a bitch thing to say. And unfortunately, I won't be the last time you hear something like that after having a preemie. People have no filter.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • I it's went to pick up my prescription for zofran (the only thing keeping me semi-sane with this nausea), and they tell me they can only give me 9 pills...that's barely a full day & night for me! (I take 2 every 6hrs) So then they say they can give me 6 more to get me through until their truck comes in tomorrow, only problem is DH needs the car tomorrow, so I can't pick it up, and they're closed by the time he's off work. :( I really hate life sometimes.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • megs12914megs12914 member
    edited December 2013
    @jessicabcairns No one comes to Alabama on purpose so I would not be offended if your DH was all "fuck that shiz..." Yeah, my family does feel this need to say whatever they want while my in-laws don't talk about anything. I get so confused!
    Married 3/5/11

imageimageimage

• If I never have to clean water out of a basement again, I will die a happy lady.

In September, our water heater broke while we were at a wedding. We came home to a soaking wet dog (because she couldn't resist playing in the basement).

Last night, DH took a look at the washing machine. Figured out that the filter was clogged on it (thanks @xanadu94!). So he cleaned that out and wanted me to test a load. It was running much better, so I left it to do it's thing while I finished cooking dinner. A little while later, I went downstairs to switch the load to the dryer. Water everywhere! So instead of relaxing on Sunday night, we spent 45 minutes trying to get as much water down the drain as possible. 
    Awww... I'm glad it was just the filter.  Sorry to hear about the basement flooding though!  Why did it flood?
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• @ccip82 I so can sympathize with you!! My almost 2 yr old has decided to yell and scream that she has to go pee then run the opposite direction from the bathroom to hide behind a lounge chair in the other room. Sooo sooo annoying!
  • @Elsutto2 I hate being pregnant and never, ever missed it. I also get sick of people telling me to enjoy it. Enjoy what? The constant anxiety? The sleepless nights? The reflux? The irritable ute that won't let me move? Yeah. This has been a real freaking blast. 

The CHILD at the end of the pregnancy is what I look forward to. Not this shit. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"