Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Rash on tummy (question possible food allergy)

So yesterday I fed my 6month old apple for the first time, I make his food, I gave him a bath and when I was getting him ready for bed I noticed a rash, it's not really red but it's bumpy (small bumps) looks like heat rash, should I feed him apples again or no then see what happens? I'm in Florida and the weather got hot again but due to him developing a cold I've been keeping pants on him so not sure if it's the heat. I know a lot of you are not doctors but maybe had this experience before and I thought if it was an allergy he might have it on his face also.

Re: Rash on tummy (question possible food allergy)

• PepperBugPepperBug member
    edited December 2013
    Apple allergies are rare, but it couldn't hurt to call the doctor on Monday. My guess is that it's from the cold virus. My son used to get rashes on his tummy when he had a cold.
  • It's only on his tummy and chest, it's very faint and it's very tiny grainy bumps. I checked everywhere else and don't see anything. My friend looked at it and she doesn't think it's an allergy since it's only in that spot. I'll call the ped tomorrow just in case. It's not bothering him at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe dry skin. My son does that during season changes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Could it be caused by the vicks I've been putting on his chest? I've been putting some on a small washcloth, laying it on his chest under his pajamas every night for a week, going to stop doing it and see what happens.
  • DD had a similar small rash on her tummy and our pedi didn't think it was from the food.  He said it could just be from her clothing rubbing her.  It went away after a day or so and hasn't returned.
  • Thanks for the input! I'm going to monitor it and if it's not cleared up by Friday I'll call my pedi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"