Pregnant after 35
Options

Introduction - hi all! Very early PG but I need a home:)

HI.  I'm 4.5 weeks along and feel homeless without a board right now.  I miss the TTC 35+ board but feel weird posting over there now.  I'm still a creepy lurker, though:)  I'm 38 and have one DS, 2yo.  I was a pretty active poster with PG#1 but have mainly been lurking since then. 

So far this pregnancy has been very, very different from the first.  I've been having mild cramps since implantation (like stretching ute), I've been much more likely to cry at the drop of a hat (for example, I asked DS today "are you a baby or a big boy?"  He said "Big boy" for the first time ever and I lost it.  Also, my breasts are incredibly tender - this didn't happen the first time around, either.  So I'm hoping all these signs point to a girl :)  OH! and I have NO (none, zilch, zero) desire for wine.  This is complete opposite of my first pregnancy when I wanted to chug it by the jug full.

I dipped my toes in on my BMB but, siiiiiigh, they are just so….so….so…young.  Not in a bad way, just in a young way.  LOL.  I hope you don't mind if peek in on you and post every so often in these early weeks for me...
~Married 11/08~
~TTC since 01/09~
~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
~BFN - 02/11~
~IUI #1 03/15/11~
BFP 3/28/2011
Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

Re: Introduction - hi all! Very early PG but I need a home:)

• Options
    Welcome! Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Cheese-Congrats on your BFP!!  Glad that I'm on this board now and get to welcome you back from this side of things-I remember when you got your first BFP.....glad it came easier the second time around.  Hoping that feeling totally different this PG is a sign of what's to come, and easy PG with the little girl you are hoping for.  I lurk everyday on my BMB, but rarely post there.  For me the age gap is just too big a spread to relate to a lot of the little stuff they waste their time and energy.  Wishing you a H & H 9 months!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! Nice to meet you. I am 39 and PG w/#3. I have a 14 yr old dsughter and 3 yr old son. Finding out next week what this one is :) This is a great board.
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats! I totally agree about the BMBs, mine has teenagers! I barely remember being a teenager at this point!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to this awesome board :)
    Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• Options
    Happy to have to you here! Congratulations!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and best wishes for a H&H 9 months here!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    welcome and congrats!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    quinncat said:
    Welcome. I recongize your name from ttc >35. I lurked on that board daily, but didn't post a whole lot. Your son is about the same age as mine. I'm still not sure how I'll handle him and newborn babies. I bought him a doll with a stroller for x-mas so he can practice with a baby. Dh wasn't too happy I got him that :)
    I think giving a boy a doll is awesome!  There is nothing wrong with a boy developing nurturing skills.  I bought one for my DS as well.  It's cute and not "girly" (whatever that means).  My FIL is not happy but my H thinks it's cool. Or he's just agreeing with me because I will probably cry (ugh) if he doesn't.  What is up with all this crying!!???!

Whenever we hear a crying baby in a store I practice saying to my DS, "that baby isn't happy.  What do we say when a baby cries?  Shhhhhh, Shhhhhhh, it's ok, baby."  I'm hoping this pays off when #2 comes home.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    Welcome and congrats! i am 38 and have a 3 year old. I know the BMB are so different, and yes young, but I will also say that my group for my 3 year old is still going strong even thought hey moved off the bump. They are one of my most valuable resources even though, or maybe partly because, they range in age. With or without a BMB, this board is very kind and welcoming.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    {{{waves}}} Hi! 

I am also 38. Second pregnancy, but this would be my first baby (FX!!).

It really does help to chat with other ladies who are 35+ going through this, even if it's from afar. It helps me feel a lot less ancient. :)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    Hello everyone. I just turned 37 on 12/4. This is baby # 5 for me, but a first for me and hubby after 4+ years of definitely not trying, but alas, she wanted in so here we are at 24 weeks today!! My other four kiddos are 10, 12, 14 and 17- 3 boys, 1 girl. It's funny, when I was pregnant with my other kids, I'm not even sure I knew how to use the internet;) so having a msg board is quite lovely. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. It's amazing how different this board is from some of others! Guess you could say we're "grown ups". Congratulations!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Mom to a 16 year old boy too!! 
    Me: 36-PCOS DH: 34 All good. TTC #3 since 2/12. IUI's 1st BFN, 2nd  BFP: 9/22/12...M/C 11/6 10wks 1day.....3 more rounds of IUI Feb-April '13 all BFN.
    Started taking Femaprin & Milk Thistle Aug '13, then added Metformin Sept '13......Surprise BFP 10/26/13!!!! The first time in 10 years that we got a BFP without infertility treatments!

• Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm 35, DH is 37. No kids...yet! Had my BFP on 12/1, and reconfirmed it the next day. My first doc appointment is 12/17 and I can't wait! This is my first pregnancy and aside from experiencing all the changes happening, I'm also learning the lingo of these pregnancy boards :) So new and exciting!

Best wishes to all!

• Options
    Welcome to @35Beans & @CosMayah too!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! This is a great board! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"