Parenting
Options

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Who has been?  Is this a must-do if we're HP fans?  Worth the price and the effort of getting tickets/transportation from a Disney resort?  And are there other attractions at Islands of Adventure worth seeing?  Tickets are so expensive, I'm afraid of going and then feeling like it was a waste of money . . .

Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We were thinking of letting the ILs take B to animal Kingdom that day and doing Islands of Adventure on our own.  Still worth it for the adults?  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's worth it. I would go without B honestly. And don't go while you're pregnant. The Dr. Seuss area was ok for DS but not incredible. And I had found out I was pregnant the day before we left for vacation so I didn't get to ride the rides but I still thought going was worth it. Even in 100 degree heat (Memorial Day weekend).
  • Options
    futant462futant462 member
    edited December 2013
    I agree with Sookie.  Islands of Adventure is my favorite park in Orlando but the Wizarding World is truly incredible.  

Honeydukes and Zonkos killed my wallet.  I think I bought every piece of merchandise possible there.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't wait until they finish the Diagon Alley expansion in Universal Studios.  It will have a Gringott's coaster and the Hogwarts Express will actually connect both parks.

HP.jpg 94.6K

• Options
    Yes it's worth it! We are going to Disney next year and planned a trip long enough for at least two days of universal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Islands of Adventure was fun a decade ago before it had WWoHP. Super Hero Island in particular was really interesting just to walk around in.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    WHY IS THIS A QUESTION?!!!

I went while pregnant and it was still worth it. Not as good but I had a blast and we didnt do the other islands of adventure sections.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been to IOA in years and it was worth it back then.  

Animal Kingdom is pretty amazing, too.  B would love it.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options

Ugh this make me want to go soooo badly!  I'll be down at Disney next week but we just don't have the time to go. 

I love IOA though.  I went way before HPW and it was awesome then.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I would sooo send the kiddo off with the grandparents for the day to do IOA. Worth it x 1000.
  • Options
    Sweet!  I'm excited now.  Thanks, y'all!
  • Options
    Take a cooler with food/snacks/drinks.  They do check your bag, but you are permitted into the park with all of that.  Just not alcohol (unless you put the mini bottles hidden under all of that...then put rum IN your butterbeer.).

• Options
    futant462 said:
    I can't wait until they finish the Diagon Alley expansion in Universal Studios.  It will have a Gringott's coaster and the Hogwarts Express will actually connect both parks.

I know!  I will definitely be renewing my pass because of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"