Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Cooler weather bumpies- what is your new born sleeping in at night?

What are you dressing your newborn in to sleep at night?  Are you doing fleece sleeps or cotton sleepers, with or w/o sleep sack?  What are you keeping your room temp at?  Just curious what others are doing.  I have been using fleece sleepers since she is still waking up a couple times a night.  Opening the sleeper and the sack for diaper changes was annoying me.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cooler weather bumpies- what is your new born sleeping in at night?

• Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    edited November 2013
    SS onesie, fleece sleep sack (with long sleeves), and a muslin swaddle blanket on top just to keep his arms down (he sleeps much better when swaddled).  The thermostat is at 67.   When it was a bit warmer out we did cotton pajamas and a cotton swaddle me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Terry cloth footie pajamas, and a miracle blanket swaddle.  She also lies on a plush sheet rather than a smooth one.  We'd tried her in two layers of clothes (and a hat) but it made her sweaty.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Doing cotton footed sleepers. Keeping the temp around 67. She sleep well this way.
  • Options
    House temp is at 68. LO is in a fleece sleeper.

• Options
    kcs7kcs7 member
    edited November 2013
    House is at 67. Fleece sleep sac and swaddled. :)
    Edit: forgot white onesie too

• Options
    House is at 68. LO is in ss onesie and a cotton sleeper and swaddled in an Aden and Anais blanket.
  • Options
    House is at 68 and he sleeps in a cotton long sleeve footed pj with a fleece sleep sack (the one that is sleeveless).
  • Options
    Cotton sleeper and fleece swaddleme ....temp is around 70.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    Our house is 66°. We put the boys in cotton or fleece footie PJs and swaddle in A&A.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    60 degrees, l/s onesie, cotton footed pjs and fleece sleep sack.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    slh6363 said:
    Cotton sleeper and fleece swaddleme ....temp is around 70.
    This for us too but we leave the ceiling fan on.

• Options
    Wow, I keep a hot house! Air is set at 70-71. Little guy sleeps in long sleeve onesie or footsie outfit and is swaddled, then we tuck another swaddle blanket around him to pin his arms down real tight and keep him warm. He sleeps in a PnP.
  • Options
    60 degrees. Sleeper (cotton or fleece depending on what's clean), fleece long sleeve sleep sack, blanket tucked tightly around in RnP - arms out cuz he hates then in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've kept the thermostat around 67-70 area because it's been under 20 here in MA at some points. I have been dressing LO in a long-sleeved cotton onesie and a blanket. Sometimes, he has a short-sleeved onesie, but always with one blanket.  He sleeps in the bassinet between my husband and I or he sleeps on one of us. He prefers body heat, quite honestly. 
  • Options
    House is up to 70 because I was having chills the first week home... She sleeps in a halo swaddle wrap most nights and fleece sleepers during the day, with an undershirt under both. We do tuck her in under blankets if we manage to get her to sleep in the bassinet for a couple hours but most if the time she is sleeping on me in the recliner.
  • Options
    We keep the house at 70. She sleeps in a long sleeved onesie or a kimono sleeper (it looks like a long dress with elastic on the bottom) with socks. And then we swaddle her in a flannel blanket.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We have a woodstove and our house is made out of brick ((aka we live in a damn oven lol)). The house can be anywhere from 75-85* depending on outside temps. We keep our bedroom door shut to keep it cooler in there, 65-70*... DD sleeps in long sleeve gowns, swaddled with a recieving blanket and usually covered up with a thicker blanket.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    68 degrees and we are keeping our newborn DS swaddled in a cotton HALO sleepsack.  Nothing underneath but a diaper.  If its cold in the house we have been using a fleece HALO.

He sleeps just fine it seems.  it just hit 18 outside temp today.  Our house is also new so the HVAC is pretty efficient. 
    Sawyer James born 11/26/13  5lbs 12oz 
  • Options
    His room is between 68 and 70. Usually he sleeps in a long sleeved onesie, socks and an A & A swaddle blanket with his arms loosely swaddled. Sometimes if it's really cold out and the house feels colder he goes to sleep in a cotton footed sleeper and a swaddle blanket. Anything warmer and he'll be sweaty in the middle of the night.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We keep our house at 70 and LO sleeps in a fleece sleeper or a sleep sack which we put a onesie under and then we swaddle her.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Wow.. I live in Houston, TX, nad usually
  • Options
    My bump seems to me messing up lately.. let me try this again... Wow.. I live in Houston TX, and usually its hot here, but we've been in the high 30s all day due to the cold front. My thermostat is set at 75. Am I keeping my house too hot? LO sleeps in a long sleeve/footed cotton onesie, with a thin cotton blanket swaddle with arms out. She doesn't sleep good at night.. now im wondering if shes too hot maybe? Its cold to me in here so I think she could be cold.. im paranoid like that... should the house temp be that low (68-69)? FTM so I learn things every day.
  • Options
    econcha said:
    My bump seems to me messing up lately.. let me try this again... Wow.. I live in Houston TX, and usually its hot here, but we've been in the high 30s all day due to the cold front. My thermostat is set at 75. Am I keeping my house too hot? LO sleeps in a long sleeve/footed cotton onesie, with a thin cotton blanket swaddle with arms out. She doesn't sleep good at night.. now im wondering if shes too hot maybe? Its cold to me in here so I think she could be cold.. im paranoid like that... should the house temp be that low (68-69)? FTM so I learn things every day.
    If you feel the back of her neck, is she sweaty? Are her hands or feet cold?  That's how I decide if she's too warm or cold.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

March 24bimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"