November 2011 Moms

Took DD to see Frozen today.

It was her first time at a movie theater. It was a disaster!  She was bouncing off the walls and climbing all over like a wild child. She would not sit down. She kept running away. I didn't know what was worse; having her run around (mostly within a few ft of us) or holding her in our lap and having her scream. We had to leave the theater multiple times. I guess we'll try the movies again next year when she's 3...
Oh, and of course now that we are home she is sitting contently on the couch watching Kung Fu Panda 2. Go figure...
Munchkin born 11/22/11
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Took DD to see Frozen today.

• Oh no!  That sounds terrible.

We're going to see it tomorrow night. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I took DS to go see Despicable Me 2 when that was out in the theatre.  We made sure to go on a weekday afternoon (DH was off) when we knew the theatre would be relatively empty.  We also sat in the very front where there was room for him to move around.  He didn't make too much noise and he had fun climbing up and down the stairs and sitting in chairs.  We probably won't go see a movie any time soon though.  DS1 loves minions, so I knew he would be into the movie, but I can't think of any other movie he would "sit" and watch.  Unless they come out with a Blue's Clue movie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so afraid to try the movie theater. DH wanted to take him to see something (I can't remember) and I told him we're better off waiting til 3.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Sorry some of you had a less than enjoyable time in the theater. I know DS won't be ready for that kind of thing for a long time. He can't even go out to dinner with us!

I took my 6YO. For those of you who have seen it, were you offended by the vintage Mickey short? I think I'm going to write a complaint to Disney. It was SO bad!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We saw it on Friday!

The Mickey short was odd, but I wouldn't say I was offended... definitely could have been left out. Why did you think it was so bad, @RedCamaro?

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• The amount of violence + 2 scenes with the cow had sexual under tones (well known for those old time cartoons). When she lifted up her skirt to show some leg to hitch a ride, and exposed her utters, the adults in the audience all gave a collective gasp. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow okay! I guess I wasn't paying very close attention because I missed the sexual under tones.

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"