February 2013 Moms
Options

Wish me luck...

I've started potty training DD1 this morning.  Potty training is my least favorite parenting chore of them all.  I would rather change a million poopy diapers than deal with the stress of following a two year old around all day and cleaning up urine from the carpet.

Diapers are just so easy, especially cloth, because it's essentially free.  I'm praying this will be painless and fast.

Re: Wish me luck...

• Options
    Good luck! I'm sure I won't enjoy that either.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Good luck! We were there with DD1 and then we took our trip to the States and she totally regressed. So now we're going to have to start over. :-(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! I put that off as long as humanly possible unless they show signs they're really ready. Diapers are a million times easier than a newly half-potty trained toddler!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Training DS1 has been without a doubt my least favorite thing about parenting! Good luck!!!!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    A guy from work swears that he potty trained 3 of his 4 kids in about a day each. He didn't use the same method on the first and that why it took so long (again, this is what he claims). He said he used the method outlined in the book, "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day" by Teri Crane. It involves having your child potty train a stuffed animal (which kinda mays sense actually since we all retain info better after teaching it). I've already told my husband he's totally in charge of this! Of course, my daughter is only 9 months so we'll see how it goes when we get there.
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good luck! Hopefully any messes you have to clean up are nothing compared to her poop painting adventure!

lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck! Hopefully any messes you have to clean up are nothing compared to her poop painting adventure!
    NOTHING will ever compare to that disaster.  It lives on in my nightmares...

• Options
    Good luck!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    So, I mentioned it in the other potty post, but yesterday was a big fat fail.  By the end of the day when I counted up the number of accidents and realized that DD just wasn't getting it, I decided to put diapers back on. 

If I wait long enough she'll just figure it out on her own, right?

• Options
    Emma was 3y 9m before she was ready to train, but when she did it was immediate witth pretty much no accidents!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Emma was 3y 9m before she was ready to train, but when she did it was immediate witth pretty much no accidents!
    This is good to know.  DS1 was three and a half before he trained and it was a really long drawn out process.  DS2 was about DD1's age, 2 1/2, when he asked to train and was done in 3-4 days.  Everyone told me girls would be easier and this is the third time I've tried with DD1 and she just isn't getting it.  I know that if I really followed her around and got her to poop on the potty once, I could probably get her trained within a few weeks and then have a few months of random accidents, but it just doesn't sound like fun right now.  It seems like I'd be adding a bunch of unnecessary stress to our lives.  She seems content in the diapers, so I'll just wait for her cue, I guess.

• Options
    I'd stick with diapers til she's really ready. You've got enough on your plate!
  • Options
    I moved into an apartment when dd was 20 months old and we suddenly had coin laundry. I couldn't afford paper diapers or the $6.50 daily for laundry so I started pt with her. She SOOO wasn't ready. It took 8 months and it was miserable. In the end I think I spent as much on laundry as if I had stuck with cloth the whole time. Even at 2.5 when she was "potty trained" she still had tons of accidents. That didn't stop until she was almost 3.5. I wish I had waited.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"