Military Families

Ft Campbell moms!

I'm new to the area. Are there any particular places/ parks that moms frequent with their LOs? I've been to the park by the river: no one there, to rotary park: vacant, everywhere I seem to go doesn't have anyone there. I'm trying to find some parks or places that I can take DD. Any recommendations? 
photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg

Re: Ft Campbell moms!

• JENandJEHJENandJEH member
    edited December 2013
    We like the one on post near gate 5 with the Starbucks.  There is also a great one near gate 2 and the bowling center in Werner Park that we like.  As for off post, we like the Civitan Park and the Billy Dunlop park.  

The Chick Fil A indoor play places are usually pretty crowded during the colder months as well as Kids N Play.  We love Kids N Play...it can get expensive so we like the frequent visit passes and have had a membership in the past.  If we're going, we try to get there when they open because there are typically very few people and usually the kids are younger.  It can get crazy when there are a ton of older kids.  

ETA:  Look for Kids N Play on Facebook...they have tons of special events and even hosted Trick or Treating when it got rained out this year.  Also, once a month, they host a Kindermusik playdate and they're usually really fun.  

Check out SKIES Unlimited through CYSS on post.  They have a great Monkeynastix class that is really popular and can be hard to get a spot in.  It meets once a week for a month (per session) but I can't remember how much it costs.  SKIES also offers dance, gymnastics and karate.  
  • JENandJEH said:
    We like the one on post near gate 5 with the Starbucks.  There is also a great one near gate 2 and the bowling center in Werner Park that we like.  As for off post, we like the Civitan Park and the Billy Dunlop park.  

The Chick Fil A indoor play places are usually pretty crowded during the colder months as well as Kids N Play.  We love Kids N Play...it can get expensive so we like the frequent visit passes and have had a membership in the past.  If we're going, we try to get there when they open because there are typically very few people and usually the kids are younger.  It can get crazy when there are a ton of older kids.  

ETA:  Look for Kids N Play on Facebook...they have tons of special events and even hosted Trick or Treating when it got rained out this year.  Also, once a month, they host a Kindermusik playdate and they're usually really fun.  

Check out SKIES Unlimited through CYSS on post.  They have a great Monkeynastix class that is really popular and can be hard to get a spot in.  It meets once a week for a month (per session) but I can't remember how much it costs.  SKIES also offers dance, gymnastics and karate.  
    Thank you, that helped a lot! 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • You're welcome!  

I also just remembered another fun activity.  Have you heard of Mildred & Mabel's downtown?  Inside, there is a little shop called Horsefeathers (you can also find them on Facebook) and they're a pottery/wood/canvas paint your own craft type place.  Once (sometimes twice) a month they host Toddler Time.  For $20, you get the craft (and they help you a lot if you need it) and a story and snack.  There is also a salon in Mildred & Mabel's on the top floor called Isabella Sophia (also on Facebook) that is amazing and I would highly recommend them.  

The Clarksville-Montgomery County library (also near downtown on Pageant Drive) has lots of story time opportunities.  
  • The Learning Center (very close to the Public Library) has some things but I am not sure if you have to have school age kids or not.  Civitan Park is a nice park.  When it is warm, you will have lots of kids at the big park by the river.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"