April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• snmetz7 said:

The board is quiet tonight...

It's been a wild week around here
    True. But usually calm comes before the storm : /
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• aronie82 said:
    Opinions on breathable bumpers?
    I refused to spend $35 on the stupid things. They seem pointless to me.
    But, I would also just use regular bumpers if we had bought a set that came with them. So take my opinion as you will, lol.
    I just don't think bumpers in general are worth it. I wouldn't use either kind unless my kid was between the stages of strong rolling and pulling up (so maybe a period of 2-3 months if that). And at that point I don't really think the non-breathable kind are any more dangerous than the breathable kind. My DD was already a self-chosen belly-sleeper at that point, and very in control of her positioning. It wasn't long after that when she started trying to stand on the bumpers and/or fiddle with the strings though, so out they went. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't buy any bumpers. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend keeps sending me pictures of packages she's ordered for the baby. I feel so awkward responding to her. Thank you?

Really not loving the attention I'm getting lately.
  • Is something wrong with me? I keep getting side-eyed when I mention daycare as an option for my child.
  • cgoldiancgoldian member
    edited December 2013
    @AprilMay9 we just bought the Light Keeper Pro because part of our precut tree wasn't working and it was worth every penny! We found it at a local garden store (where we bought the tree) but you can also order it online. You just have to make sure the bulbs will fit in it. ETA or make sure you have replacement bulbs. It tells you exactly where the problem is.

CafeMom Tickers

• Birthday dinner with the inlaws... Mongo!
    Ahhhhhh i wantttttt

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • AprilMay9 said:
    We put up out christmas lights and four strands aren't working! They are only two years old and they are the big 80s colored bulbs so they were like $12 each. I'm so pissed.
    I tested every freakin' strand today before we hung them up! And now that its night, half the strands aren't working! Im probably going to say screw it and be THAT house.

• Birthday dinner with my baby!
    Aww! Your daughter is adorable!! How old is she??

• There was a car on fire in the parking lot as we were leaving the apartment to get chick fil a. Of course because we are nosey we sat in the car watching until the fire department put it out. (After checking that someone called of course). The things that amuse DH and I are scary....
  • TallaB said:

Birthday dinner with my baby!

Aww! Your daughter is adorable!! How old is she??

Thank you! I realized the shadow makes her look like she has a black eye in the pic- she doesn't! She's 3 1/2. It's a pretty funny age. <3
  • I'm so confused by the faker on jan 14. The first poster copied a story from the internet and posted it as her own, then the same poster used another sn to pretend the first poster stole her story? Is that it? Sometimes I feel like I'm a weirdo not putting my face on here but people are so crazy.
    AND the threads got deleted.
    Ah Man! I was just finished with page one and went to click on page 2 and BAM...Discussion not found...Boo.

• J&NLJ&NL member
    edited December 2013
    So has anyone else noticed that some of the regs have lashed out on each other lately? It's a bit entertaining. This is why I've been a huge lurker lately and not posting like I used to.

ETA: I need to rephrase. It isn't the reason why I haven't been posting as much. I just never have anything to say, most of the time. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • AprilMay9 said:
    Examples?
    Like on the BF in Target thread. Very last page. Can't remember the posters exactly but there seems to be some snark between two regulars. 

• I call for a "Raging Regs" cage match or mud wrestling tournament! Bring it on, you salty bitches! 

No, just kidding, I love you. But I still want the mud-wrestling.

Ha! We have to see who the dominant one of the pack is.  :P
  • Let's do Jello Wrestling! Much more delicious!

• Jello sounds so good right now....

DEAD with a side of laughter-induced RLP.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LoriMc12 said:

I was giving a 5 year old a speech test the other day and when we got to the jello picture, he had no idea what it was.  I was like, Whaaat? What kid doesn't know about jello??  Poor child, they probably only eat creme brulee for dessert (Remember the movie, My Best Friend's Wedding?).  

DD HATES jello! Like it makes her shiver! I think she's crazy!!
  • honeyzoo said:
    I'm cranky and I have a craving for really good creme brulee. I won't get creme brulee, and I'm pretty sure I'll stay cranky until I fall asleep. 
    How close do you live to Reykjavik? I had some at Sjávargrillid when we were there--so good we went back again to have it!
    We're like 5 minutes from there, driving. Sjávargrillið... I've heard really good things about it. Its funny, because its definitely one of those place we'd take family when they are visiting or something. We try to be cheap otherwise. Or maybe for a nice birthday dinner!! :-) I'll have to remember that when we want to go somewhere nice!!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • I really really cannot stand the women/mommy competitions. I mean come on! Focus on your own family and kids and not all of those around you.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our shower is kind of broken, there isn't much water pressure. We need to get a new attachment. I'm seriously considering going to the swimming pool but I have no idea if the tankini I own will still fit. hehehe. 
  • Nothing like a nice warm bath at 4:00 am. Oh yeah, sleep, remember how nice that is at 4:00 am body! (:|
  • Our shower is kind of broken, there isn't much water pressure. We need to get a new attachment. I'm seriously considering going to the swimming pool but I have no idea if the tankini I own will still fit. hehehe. 

I'm sorry about your shower! Never hurts to try the tankini on and if it's a little too tight you could probably still flaunt it!
  • I was giving a 5 year old a speech test the other day and when we got to the jello picture, he had no idea what it was.  I was like, Whaaat? What kid doesn't know about jello??  Poor child, they probably only eat creme brulee for dessert (Remember the movie, My Best Friend's Wedding?).  
    DD HATES jello! Like it makes her shiver! I think she's crazy!!
    Hmmm, maybe that should've been my FFFC.  I hate jello too.  It's just so....squishy. 
    I'm sorry about your shower! Never hurts to try the tankini on and if it's a little too tight you could probably still flaunt it!

It totally worked well enough :-) yay!
  • Cats saw me get the electric blanket out of the closet last night... and all were on the bed on top of it before I could even turn it on, lol.

When I was in high school I had an electric blanket. My mom knew any time I forgot to turn it off bc that's where all the cats would be for the day!
  • @thomas930 jealous!!

I love waking up to numb limbs. It's my favorite.

BabyFetus Ticker

• thomas930 said:
    Christmas shopping done!
    That is amazing.  I haven't even started yet!
  • Mamamonzo said:
    @thomas930 jealous!! I love waking up to numb limbs. It's my favorite.
    I will admit we only shop for our household(4 people total)...we can't afford to shop for our families and they all understand, we usually do baked goods for everyone. But, this is also the first year we finished before the week of Christmas. 

Sorry about the numb limbs :(

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thomas930 said:

Christmas shopping done!

Mine too! I only shop for DD though. I am done wrapping too.
  • Rant ahead... Read at your own risk...

Is it too much to ask to not want a big birthday dinner?! I just wanted to like, chill this last year kid free and just go out with my dad and DH and then... Oh, MIL and FIL want to go... I couldn't tell them no, babe... And FIL's mom wants to go (who told me last time I saw her she told me she wished DH had married someone 'less outspoken' lol)... And not BIL and SIL and horribly behaved nephews are going, they invited themselves... Even tho SIL is awful to me and OMG can't it be up to ME?! ITS MY BIRTHDAY. Then I get to overhear 'well your mom doesn't like that restaurant...' (While DH was on the phone with FIL) AAAHHH!! Lord help me to keep my mouth shut. I swear, I've had a short rope already this week (I'm having a hard time being pregnant and not having my mom to share things with recently) and.. I just can't. I'm already putting on real clothing to go cut MIL's hair, for free, 45 mins away... And.. You can't even be okay with where I want to go? I'm sorry everyone had a kid in December and then your son married one too, but this one just wanted to skip it to make it easier on everyone. Sigh. (And bless my dad, he's all 'we can go where ever you want kid!')

Ugh. Today. Sorry and thank you if you made it that far.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Rant ahead... Read at your own risk... Is it too much to ask to not want a big birthday dinner?! I just wanted to like, chill this last year kid free and just go out with my dad and DH and then... Oh, MIL and FIL want to go... I couldn't tell them no, babe... And FIL's mom wants to go (who told me last time I saw her she told me she wished DH had married someone 'less outspoken' lol)... And not BIL and SIL and horribly behaved nephews are going, they invited themselves... Even tho SIL is awful to me and OMG can't it be up to ME?! ITS MY BIRTHDAY. Then I get to overhear 'well your mom doesn't like that restaurant...' (While DH was on the phone with FIL) AAAHHH!! Lord help me to keep my mouth shut. I swear, I've had a short rope already this week (I'm having a hard time being pregnant and not having my mom to share things with recently) and.. I just can't. I'm already putting on real clothing to go cut MIL's hair, for free, 45 mins away... And.. You can't even be okay with where I want to go? I'm sorry everyone had a kid in December and then your son married one too, but this one just wanted to skip it to make it easier on everyone. Sigh. (And bless my dad, he's all 'we can go where ever you want kid!') Ugh. Today. Sorry and thank you if you made it that far.
    Ugh, that is frustrating!  You should be able to have a birthday dinner with your dad and DH alone. Why not do another dinner night with your in-laws?  I understand how hard it is not to have your own mom here to share in your this life milestone with you.  I'm sorry.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"