March 2014 Moms

My poor poor hubby

I've been snoring like crazy since I've been pregnant and I know it's driving him crazy, but he's been so kind about it. The snoring makes me feel like even more of monster than I already do as I grow bigger and more demanding of care (not in a bitchy way, just in terms of being able to do stuff for myself).

I tried those breathing strips last night and the first thing he said this morning was, "The strips didn't work."

Anyone having this same issue and have a good snoring solution?

Re: My poor poor hubby

• I have no solution.... just the same problem! =))

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Apparently I'm having the same issue, haha! My husband has been wearing ear plugs and we keep a fan on in the corner of the room to drown out some of the noise.
  • Loading the player...
  • He won't wear earplugs or let me sleep on the couch (it's SO comfy! Honestly.) because he wants to be #1 hubby, and soldier on, or something. I just wish he'd admit defeat.
  • Maybe eventually it'll become a comforting "white noise" for him.. :)  

If you sleep slightly elevated would that help?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I snore, but DH does too! He told me to roll over a few nights ago and I told him to go to hell. Where am I going to roll to, I have a belly that prevents me from sleeping on my stomach and I am already on my side! Sleeping on my back isn't going to make the snoring any better. He also invested in some ear plugs, and I haven't heard any more complaints.

Maybe you can buy your DH some earplugs the next time you are at the store and play the sympathetic wife card...if he wants to be #1 hubby you can be #1 wife and take care of him!
  • I've slept a lot better since getting a humidifier...dh said it helped a little with snoring too!

• I agree with pp that a humidifier might help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I third the humidifier suggestion. I'm about to break mine out. I woke up with a bloody nose so I know my air is super dry and I'm snoring.
  • I've started taking Clartin b/c I seem to have developed allergies. This helps w/ some of my nighttime congestion...... Not necessarily snoring! :)
    photo 4ed88b49-c7fa-41ac-98ae-1e6d1a108e02.jpg 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • No advice but you gave me an early morning lol with dhs first words to you.
  • I have the same issue and wish my husband would let me sleep in the guest room, but he won't have it.  I got a humidifier but it doesn't do much.  I'm apparently sleep farting too, I thought my husband was joking when he said I was doing it, but I woke myself up 3 times the other night with my farts.  Poor guy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem!!! I've finally convinced DH to sleep in the guest room. He'll lay with me for awhile and snuggle/watch TV until I fall asleep, and then go to the other room. I hate not having him with me, but between the snoring and constant getting up to pee, I know I'm not getting a good nights sleep. I want him to have one while he can, at least!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Have you considered a white noise machine? A good one can drown out a lot of background noises.
  • I've been snoring like crazy since I've been pregnant and I know it's driving him crazy, but he's been so kind about it. The snoring makes me feel like even more of monster than I already do as I grow bigger and more demanding of care (not in a bitchy way, just in terms of being able to do stuff for myself). I tried those breathing strips last night and the first thing he said this morning was, "The strips didn't work." Anyone having this same issue and have a good snoring solution?
    My hubby has to go sleep in our guest room!  You could try saline mist, but nothing helps me :/
  • I also suggest a humidifier! That has stopped mine!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • I have the same problem as well.  My DH just pats me gently on the side and asks me to roll over.  
  • poor thing! I agree with the PP suggestion of sleeping slightly elevated. If you change your head/neck position it might open up your airway a bit more. Maybe try a pillow that is a different shape or one of those triangular foam things that let you sit up a bit in bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"