May 2014 Moms

Any Jewish mommies on here?

Just curious! We're kind of few and far between :) Hanukkah just ended, and I can't help but get all mushy over baby celebrating with us next year. I even have my Noah's Ark menorah from childhood just waiting to be passed down!

I know this is kind of opposite of all the Christmas posts, but it's not intentional! I do love the entire holiday season even though we don't actually celebrate Christmas. I LOVE bundling up and driving around looking at Christmas lights, and Christmas music makes me feel all cozy. In fact, it's been a Hallmark channel Christmas movie marathon in our house today :)

Re: Any Jewish mommies on here?

• marlow1219marlow1219 member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not Jewish but my husband is and we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. I think Hanukkah is so beautiful and I, too, look forward to starting traditions with our little girl!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • I'm not Jewish but my husband is as well. So we celebrate both. But celebrating Christmas for us has no religious ties, it's just more about fun and family.

We actually celebrate the Jewish holidays over anything Christian.

I love having the opportunity to learn about the religion and am excited to share/educate my kid on it. I've always jokingly said if I were to be religious, I think Judaism would be one of the contenders.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not Jewish but my husband is. We celebrate Christmas and Chanukah. Our children will be raised Jewish. This is how he grew up and was raised as his dad is Jewish but his mother isn't. Our DD is 22 months old and LOVED Chanukah with lighting the menorah and opening her gifts. I can't wait to see her on Christmas morning now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Husband is Jewish, I am not official, but we celebrate both holidays, especially since I always celebrated Christmas as a secular holiday. I do feel funny with Hannukah being over so early this year!! I am leaving the Menorahs out through the season, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband is and we celebrate both. We did a big Hannakuh dinner with his family, including our nephews. It was so fun and I can't wait to share that with our little guy!
  • Wow, add me to team Jewish husband! There are a lot of us here. I'm Catholic, he's Jewish. We got our girls baptized Catholic but still celebrate both holidays. I love exposing my kids to his traditions as well as mine! 
    image image

• I'm Jewish but my husband is not. We will raise our kids Jewish. We will give our kids gifts on Christmas so they don't feel left out and as more of a tradition for my husband.
  • I'm Jewish, DH is Catholic. We're raising our kids Jewish. We celebrate everything over here, I think it's important that the boys spend holidays (all of them) with family, regardless of what their religion officially is.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm not Jewish, but my husband is and we had a bris for our son so my son is, too. We celebrate the Jewish holidays though in addition to Christmas and the like
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • I'm not Jewish but my husband is and we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. I think Hanukkah is so beautiful and I, too, look forward to starting traditions with our little girl!

Same! :)

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I'm Jewish but my fiancé is not we both agreed that we will raise our son with both religions and celebrate both holidays....the last 4 years together we always have a tree and a menorah

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm Jewish and DH was raised catholic but doesn't celebrate anything. We're raising the kids Jewish but we will probably celebrate Christmas with grandma
  • I'm Jewish but my husband is not and we are also going to be raising our children Jewish. That being said, my dad was Protestant and we always celebrated the family aspect of Christmas and plan on doing the same for my husband and our family. Can't help but love the feel of Christmas :).
  • We're Jewish. Not religious but celebrate the holidays with family.
  • We had hannukah last week too:) I'm not Jewish but my husbands family is 100% and I guess that makes my kids half? :) I love it because we never fight over whose family gets us on holidays! We get everything hannukah, Christmas, Passover and Easter and I have become quite fond of kegal... (Spelling??) Seriously crave it :)

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"