St. Louis Babies

St. Louis Doula?

Hi - I'm due Feb 2. and considering the option of a doula for my birth.  I had one with my DS, and I'm not sure I'd use the same person, but I'm not ruling out the idea of another.  I'd probably need to find a student or someone willing to work at a reduced fee.  This time I've hired a birth photographer, which is extremely important to me, and I can't afford to do both at full cost.  Besides, I love helping students - I had so many people help me get my start as a student (in the business world), that I like to pay it forward when I can.

A few random facts - I've given birth twice, once with a doula and once without, and I had an epidural both times.  I was also induced both times, but Pitocin seems to have very little affect on me.  But once my body does go into labor, it happens fast.  For example, with my son, I was insistent that my water break naturally.  It did, and after that, I went from a 2.5 to a 7 in less than 30 minutes.  During that time I was hysterical with pain, and knew at that point I couldn't go on without some pain relief, and that's when I got my epidural.

I'll be delivering at Mery Hospital in St. Louis.

Are there any doulas out there interested or does anyone have a referral you can send me to?  I'm looking for someone who is willing to still support me and offer a little "pampering" even if I do get an epidural.  Thanks!

Re: St. Louis Doula?

• Here is a site for you:

https://www.doulasofgreaterstlouis.com/find_doula.php

We met with Vicki but have heard great things about Julie Guttmann too but she never got back to us. 

If you have time to swing by Kangaroo kids the ladies there know several doulas they have used and can recommend. It has been a while so I do not recall their names.

You can also ask your OBGYN who she/he has worked with in the past or call L&D at Mercy and ask them if they have any names.

• My massage therapist acted as my doula she is preparing to start her formal training and she was amazing. If you want to send me an email I can pass along your contact info if your are interested. Mariemariesly.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses!  I've actually found 4 that I'm interested in and have intereviewed 2 of them so far.  If anyone else comes on here looking and needs some names, please PM me and I'll share!

• Hi,

I am trying to find a doula and saw your post. What doula did you end up using and would your recommend her?

Thanks,
    Tina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"