March 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

I couldn't find this thread, so I am gonna start it. Hopefully I didn't just miss it and start another my brain is not what it used to be!

Let's hear them ladies! What are your dirty secrets this week?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• Options
    jwls84jwls84 member
    edited December 2013
    My FFFC, I am wearing a non maternity shirt because I am in denial and think I still can. Well every once and a while I feel a draft... And realize my shirt is NOT covering my bump and I have no idea how long or how many times I have been walking around my office with my bare bump on display! I think I need to go shopping!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lalaith50 said:

I'm so sick of those full-panel maternity pants (I think that's what they're called. The ones that go really high up.) I wore them all second tri, but now I'm wondering if anyone will care if I just wear comfy, black knit pants all third tri...

Third tri should really just be about being comfortable! I am wearing not maternity yoga pants today, which probably isn't helping my bare belly situation. But I don't care, I am tired and it is Friday!
    Will people care if you wear comfy pants? Probably not!
  • Options
    My boss said we can go home early if it is sleeting.  People here get all worked up over a little ice  or snow.  I don't think it is necessary, but I am going to leave early anyway....just to get an early start on my weekend.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• Options
    lalaith50 said:
    I'm so sick of those full-panel maternity pants (I think that's what they're called. The ones that go really high up.) I wore them all second tri, but now I'm wondering if anyone will care if I just wear comfy, black knit pants all third tri...
    https://www.target.com/p/liz-lange-for-target-maternity-essential-pants-black/-/A-14173587#prodSlot=large_1_1

^^I have decided these are work appropriate. I don't think coworkers want to question me or the exploding belly. Sooo comfortables. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    I woke up last night with my first Charley horse (since BFP) and it was so bad it made me scream. DH freaks out thinking something's wrong with LO and then laughs cause "if this is how you act during a spasm, I can't wait til you actually go into labor." Then he rolls over and goes back to sleep. NO SIR! I start kicking him with my cramped up leg and make him get up to get me a banana, then water, then make him massage my leg. 

And I don't feel bad about it one bit! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom's bank got bought out and she had the option to get 6 months severance pay, which she took, it started in November. Since then she has been super helpful, came to clean the baby's room, helping more etc. I am selfishly hoping that it takes her the full 6 months to find another job so that she will be home for all of my maternity leave and can help me with cooking and shopping and laundry etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    epowens10 said:

I woke up last night with my first Charley horse (since BFP) and it was so bad it made me scream. DH freaks out thinking something's wrong with LO and then laughs cause "if this is how you act during a spasm, I can't wait til you actually go into labor." Then he rolls over and goes back to sleep. NO SIR! I start kicking him with my cramped up leg and make him get up to get me a banana, then water, then make him massage my leg. 

People may think I am crazy for this, but leg cramps/spasms are way worse then labour pains!
    I kept getting foot cramps during labour while pushing and they were 10x's more painful then my contractions!
  • Options
    @babycaps
    They are special...
  • Options
    jwls84 said:

People may think I am crazy for this, but leg cramps/spasms are way worse then labour pains! I kept getting foot cramps during labour while pushing and they were 10x's more painful then my contractions!
    I'm a FTM so I can't really compare the two yet. I've got pretty good pain tolerance but when it comes to spasms in my leg or foot, I lose it. Mine sometimes get so bad I end up with bruises. I can't image both at one time!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Im in NY and have been my whole life, and im TERRIFIED of driving in the snow/ice because ive gone off the road before an thankfully i was fine. Scariest moment of my life yet! I understand that people get impatient with the slow drivers and say "its just a little snow" if im on the road and its crappy out go ahead and pass me becus no way am i gonna speed up! Ohh and ill add i live on a mountain, and ive always driven a small SUV.
  • Options
    We had our first big storm this week and I've used fear of slipping and hurting the baby as an excuse to get out of doing... pretty much everything requiring going outside that I haven't wanted to do.  Really I'm not that worried - my sense of balance is fine, and I'm well aware that even if I did fall the kiddo would most likely be just fine.
  • Options
    @npironi there is a difference between being cautious because of the weather and being safe. And freaking out like we live in Georgia (no offense to our lovely peaches here, but you guys cancel at the threat of snow) Do I go out and do unnecessary shopping in a snow storm? Before DS yes! Now, not so much. But to call out every storm is riddic

Yes we cancel everything with the arrival of the white stuff... even worse and more common is for us to get sleet/ice... It is quite ridiculous I'll say it I don't mind calliny myself and my state out!

• Options
    I don't really feel like decorating for Christmas (still haven't put up my tree), I don't want to think about LO's room, and we're renovating our bathroom in February and feel unmotivated to pick the finishes. Overall, I just want to do nothing lol
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    kirotea said:

My real FFFC: I side-eye people who complain about driving in inclement weather. Yes, it takes longer to get to your destination. Yes, there are a TON of idiots who seemingly forget how to drive in any type of precipitation. But FFS, this is New England. We get all kinds of weather. Suck it up. If you really don't like it that much and are able to, move further south.

I looooove driving in snowstorms! I have a Kia Sportage now with 4wd, but even in my VW Jetta that I had 3 years ago, it was still fun. I point and laugh at all the people stuck on the side of the roads (but not if it was an accident, that would just be mean).
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made my daughter cry yesterday. We were at the breakfast table and she threw her spoon. It hit me in the head and I lost it and screamed. I still feel bad about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes  "yanks" I don't mind not driving well in ice or the white stuff (see I won't even say it bc I believe all the talk about it keeps it away so I try to never use the s word).  I'd love to have an extra day off in January or so.

Now, on any other day get the hell out of my way!  I am not a laid back driver, I drive my husband crazy and he in turn drives me batty... he is s     o     s   l     o    w.

• Options
    I'm signed up for a free trial of amazon prime just so that I could watch mob wives and jersey shore... I have a problem.
    I did this too to catch up on Downton Abby.
  • Options
    I'm on a snow day today, sorry @kirotea and @farmboyswife, but I live in Texas and people be crazy! My school actually is out today, so I didn't call in; I was given the day off.

Anyways, my confession is that my house really needs to be cleaned, and I have grading to do, and instead of doing anything productive I've sat on the couch and done nothing but online shopping today. I kinda feel bad about it, but I'm trying my best to ignore that little voice telling me to get busy. Maybe another Oreo would help shut it up!
  • Options
    A friend is trying to get some of the girls together to tell us about some great opportunity to make "easy" money but she can't just tell us over the phone. I normally trust her judgement but that fact that she can't just tell me what it is over the phone is just weird. I really wanted to tell her that I thought she was quite ballsy for trying to sucker her friends into something but instead just said I'd get back to her.

In the same day I met up with some friends at one of their homes for a 'girls night in" we were told by the gal hosting that she had stuff for us to do mini facials and just kick back and relax....we get there and it's a Mary Kay party. She's now trying to claim she had no idea her friend was going to do the whole Mary Kay sales pitch like she did. I ain't buying it!

So that leaves me to feeling like I am very frustrated with my friends who go into these supposed work from home or easy money jobs or new self employed adventures and turn around to their friends (me) to buy whatever crap they are selling. Then I feel bad because I probably should be supportive to my friends. I really just don't like being cornered and told about some "great new product" and then have to awkwardly turn them down. I just feel like if I want your stuff I'll let you know.
    I believe you have every right to feel frustrated. This is certainly Flame Free. 
  • Options
    lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited December 2013
    At the first opportunity, I'm moving seats on the bus because the one person coughing sat next to me and they're smooshing me.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm hiding in the bathroom at work because I'm not busy but if my charge nurse sees that I will get another patient. I just want to be left alone after my confused patient yelled at me all day he was going to kill me ( this is after he kicked my belly- but not hard)
  • Options
    1.  I can't think of any holiday movies for the siggy thing.  :(  I don't seem to like holiday movies!!  

2.  When I was pregnant with Micah I actually really enjoyed some of the later pregnancy testing.  We had a couple of non-stress tests done (just stuff because he was breech, we all knew he was fine) and they were quite relaxing and nice.  Everyone fussed over me and it just felt very special to be cared for.  I knew (and I was right) as soon as baby came out I would be chopped liver LOL!  Totally selfish, but I enjoyed the attention.  
    **I can totally appreciate how these sorts of tests could be super scary if baby wasn't doing well or you weren't sure.  
    Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• Options
    DHs cousins wife is due a week before me and is having her baby shower next Saturday. I RSVP'd to go along with his mom and sister, but I was secretly hoping I would be scheduled to work that day so I didn't have to.
    She and her husband make a lot of money. I gave them a year and a half notice of my wedding in NYC so they could plan to go (along with everyone else) and they said they were going to. 3 months before the wedding they told me they weren't going bc she is a cheapskate (their words, not mine). That would have been all fine and dandy had they not gone 2 months later to South Carolina to the wedding of a friend of hers from high school!
    Ugh. Just rubbed me the wrong way. So now with me being the grudge holder and passive aggressive person that I often am, I just don't want to go and sit at home and do absolutely nothing just for the hell of it.
  • Options
    jbelle said:

lalaith50 said:

https://www.target.com/p/liz-lange-for-target-maternity-essential-pants-black/-/A-14173587#prodSlot=large_1_1

^^I have decided these are work appropriate. I don't think coworkers want to question me or the exploding belly. Sooo comfortables. 

I have these and where them to work too. They are my most comfortable pair of stretchy pants. I love them

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Options
    Excitedmum35Excitedmum35 member
    edited December 2013
    @aenordan - do u have GD? I'm guessing no?
    I don't have it either but did last pregnancy and would have been over the moon to have the support of other ladies with GD then.
    If you don't like it, don't read it, but let the ladies with it vent, cos it does suck and they are working on their diets very hard, and its extremely inconvenient- let them support each other, they shouldn't feel like ppl are sick of hearing it.
    Kthx
    That is all.
  • Options
    My little brother is sleeping over tonight. So I baked "us" a can of apple turnovers. But I ate all 6 of them, fell asleep, then woke up and ate a sandwich. Now I want a mimosa because a pp mentioned it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"