D.C. Area Babies

Northern VA Hospitals

Does anyone have experience with either the Arlington VA or the Alexandria hospitals? Any guidance on which to use?

Re: Northern VA Hospitals

• Sorry, only delivered at fairfax. A friend of mine had a 28 weeker at Arlington hospital and lives her experience at their nicu, fwiw.
  • I delivered at Arlington as a BirthCare transfer. It was alright, but my labor was somewhat complicated and some of the staff were hostile. The recovery was great and better than what most of my friends have experienced elsewhere. 

All of the NoVA hospitals have high c-section rates (40+%) so if you're trying to avoid that, I think laboring at home for several hour with a doula is your best bet, but that's just my opinion.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had an excellent experience at Inova Alexandria.  I had a natural birth and all the nurses were awesome and respectful of my wishes.  
  • We delivered at Inova Women's Center and loved our experience. Our newborn also spent time at Virginia Hospital Center which went well, but I don't know how L&D is there.
  • I work at Inova Alexandria and the staff on OB are great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"